HOW pcsx2 works
i tried pcsx2 on my laptop, it has a 2.13ghz intel core 2 duo, then i tried it on my other computer, it has 3ghz AMD Athlon II X4 it runs the same on both systems, no noticeable difference at all when running a game on either one, what i want to know is does pcsx2 use more than one core of a cpu? does it just use 2? even if it does just use one, why does 1ghz not make any difference

Sponsored links

Pcsx2 only utilize CPU 2 cores. FPS depends on the game, pcsx2 configuration/settings, and the system specs. What's the graphic card on both systems?
ok, thank you, also the graphics card on my laptop is Gforce 9800mgt and the othere is an ati 5770, i thought that the cpu was the only thing that mattered
Some games are more advanced or demanding than others and the king of them are is Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. Also known as Anubis: Zone of the Enders.
ok, well i have only tried ffx, though i did expect it not to slow down in the same exact spots to the same exact fps
Well, if the settings or configuration of pcsx2 and the same pcsx2 revision, then it means that these are hardware produces equal performance. But I know that the HD 5770 is more powerful than the 9800gt, so now it down to the CPU area. The core 2 series from Intel is pretty strong and it can even outmatch a higher clock AMD cpu. So there's nothing strange about it until you start overclocking.
It's an architecture thing: Intel cpus run PCSX2 a lot faster than AMD ones.
The reason for that is more done instructions per clock and a faster SSE engine on Intel chips.
so you are saying that Intel cpus are overall better than amd? can you explain in detail like how a CPU with a lower clock speed can outmatch a higher clocked CPU, and how to tell which architecture is better, etc... i want to know these things before my next build, i still can't believe that i will have to go Intel, they are like 70-80% more expensive for the same thing, but it does make sense from what you are telling me
(03-09-2011, 06:21 PM)phantasmor Wrote: so you are saying that Intel cpus are overall better than amd? can you explain in detail like how a CPU with a lower clock speed can outmatch a higher clocked CPU, and how to tell which architecture is better, etc... i want to know these things before my next build, i still can't believe that i will have to go Intel, they are like 70-80% more expensive for the same thing, but it does make sense from what you are telling me

Its the same with older generation intel cpus, they are slower even though they run at the same frequency(for the most part). Intel is just a step ahead of amd at the moment. And yes if you want the best performance in pcsx2 intel is a must, not only are they faster of the rack they also overclock very well.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
but the amd is a newer generation CPU, and the Intel is an older generation CPU, so i ask again HOW DO I TELL THE DIFFERENCE? please note that i am using all caps just to draw attention to the question nothing more.

said another way: how do i make a more informed choice when determining which CPU to get? what do i look at? where is it printed so that i can clearly tell which is better?