HTPC, HDTV?
I play my PS2 games on my HDTV 1080p at 3x native with the shader from Asmodean and I think they look better then they ever did on the ps2, some games look as damn near close to ps3 quality, Just not texture quality

Sponsored links

Hello! I am very new at using this program and I also got the wild idea to try emulating from my HDTV (More space not necessarily for better resolution) but, every time I load an ISO it freeze frames or black screens even though it seems to be running just fine. (Audio is still playing and GS and FPS are fine.) I'm currently running my computer through my HDTV via a USB to HDMI port connector. Is there something I need to adjust graphically or maybe find another means of connecting it to my TV?
(11-27-2013, 04:36 AM)Killed2Death Wrote: I'm currently running my computer through my HDTV via a USB to HDMI port connector

wat

Im not sure but arent ALL video to USB converters incredibly slow and impractical ? If I asume this connector works, then my next guess is that the TV cant display the resolution you are trying to output ? Asuming that it works just fine on PC monitor with the same settings.

@OP.
It really depends on the game IMO. Some games just have that timeless look (like Dragonball Z BT3) and they look incredible on HD display, some not so much...

I have also noticed that some games benefit from the higher resolution (scaling) because their textures seem to stand out better. One example of a game like that is Red Faction 1.

On the other hand, some games just show poor detail that you were not supposed to ever see Laugh I think Crash Twinsanity is one of them.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
The connection seems to be working well in every other aspect. I'm using my monitor and my tv as dual screens and when I drag it to my monitor it works fine but freeze frames on my tv. I wasn't sure myself how well the USB adapter would work but, I suppose if I need to consider other options I will. I've tried changing the resolution around, aspect ration, and tried running on native and lower. Trying to weed out what the exact issue was so I can get the necessary hardware or setting. Any recommendations?
(11-27-2013, 03:21 PM)Killed2Death Wrote: The connection seems to be working well in every other aspect. I'm using my monitor and my tv as dual screens and when I drag it to my monitor it works fine but freeze frames on my tv. I wasn't sure myself how well the USB adapter would work but, I suppose if I need to consider other options I will. I've tried changing the resolution around, aspect ration, and tried running on native and lower. Trying to weed out what the exact issue was so I can get the necessary hardware or setting. Any recommendations?

Well, I have never used a TV with my PC so Im not terribly experienced with TVs as PC monitors.

I have always lived under asumption that TVs have very narrov support for multiple resolutions (ex: PC monitors can support pretty much any resolution and with custom resolution profiles or in-game downsampling, resolutions that are higher than their own native max resolution). and that TVs work differently as PC monitors than most dedicated PC monitors would.

My (poor) guess is that it works fine in dual screen mode because the resolution is supported but the emulator/game resolution is not. Try setting custom resolution of 1280x720 or 1920x1080 in the emulator and see if that does anything.

You could also tell me if the picture freezes/gets black instantly when you launch the ISO and have you set the emu to go fullscreen after starting up the ISO ? Did you use resolution/scaling multiplier before ?
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
(11-16-2013, 10:24 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Depends on size/resolution of TV. I have a 25 inch HDTV (720P) (that only turns on for 10 minutes) and:

The textures look nasty IMO.

But the polys will look great if you can 4-6x it.

Edit: The polys should even look fine on a 4k UHDTV considering 640x480 at 6x is

3840 x 2880

and 4k is 3840 × 2160

I.E. PCSX2 at 6x for most games is higher than 4k resolution.

Considering anything above 4x is hardly noticeable if noticeable at all. Its really not relevant to go above 4x anyways. It hard to run 6x and it just puts unnecessary strain on your hardware.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(11-27-2013, 12:35 PM)Thewonderboy Wrote: Im not sure but arent ALL video to USB converters incredibly slow and impractical ? If I asume this connector works, then my next guess is that the TV cant display the resolution you are trying to output ? Asuming that it works just fine on PC monitor with the same settings.

This would mean that the graphics-card is inside the converter or?
Then probably there is a weak gpu inside (?)