Half-Life (and others) USB Mouse not working
Question 
Running into a weird issue with Half-Life in the nightly build. My keyboard works fine with HID Keyboard selected and I can map my mouse buttons, but I have absolutely zero movement registered in-game. What's interesting is this extends to games using a mouse injector too--I can map everything to mouse buttons but any movement on the axes registers nothing. I've tried different settings and options for the screen, input, and cursor behavior, but absolutely nothing works. I can click and shoot and all that, but looking around is impossible. I have screenshots of my settings attached, so I'm just wondering if I'm just messing up some combination of input settings. Any help?

(I know, I know, I can just play the PC version like any normal person would, but that's not the point...)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I am trying to play Dirge of Cerberus and have encountered the same problem! I have even tried other mice to check if it was a problem with my current one, but no, every one of them can't be registered to the movement axes!
(12-24-2023, 07:16 PM)08darknight1 Wrote: I am trying to play Dirge of Cerberus and have encountered the same problem! I have even tried other mice to check if it was a problem with my current one, but no, every one of them can't be registered to the movement axes!

Tried playing dirge of Cerberus with mouse on your real console ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-24-2023, 07:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Tried playing dirge of Cerberus with mouse on your real console ?

I tried playing it on the emulator, with the most recent build just like the ceo of beans, and it wasnt working!
(12-24-2023, 08:05 PM)08darknight1 Wrote: I tried playing it on the emulator, with the most recent build just like the ceo of beans, and it wasnt working!

Ok. Try on your real PS2 console, and report back, please
(12-24-2023, 08:17 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Ok. Try on your real PS2 console, and report back, please

I am not having a problem with the game, but with the emulator, and as the ceo of beans posted, I am clearly not the only one!
(12-24-2023, 08:26 PM)08darknight1 Wrote: I am not having a problem with the game, but with the emulator, and as the ceo of beans posted, I am clearly not the only one!

Ok. Good luck, then
Bumping for any potential solutions? Or thoughts in general?
(02-27-2024, 09:56 PM)the ceo of beans Wrote: Bumping for any potential solutions? Or thoughts in general?

already told you
(02-27-2024, 10:15 PM)jesalvein Wrote: already told you

Uh...what? You didn't tell me anything other than "try it on a real console" which completely misses the point of me asking for help with an emulator lol

My mouse+kb work fine on a real PS2. PCSX2 isn't picking up movement from my mouse and not even a mouse injector to bypass this works. It applies to Black and a few other titles I have as well.