Resolved: [Bug Report] Half of Screen is Being Displayed in COD:Big Red One
Smile 
PCSX2 Version:1.6.0
Specs: CPU- Intel I5-8500 6-Core\
          GPU- Radeon RX590 8Gb

When Booting the game in either OpenGL (Hardware), or in Direct3D (Hardware), the game runs in a horribly messed up way. The intro segments (the Activision logo and intro movie) are rendered so that only half of their content is shown on the screen while other segments like the memorycard check are messed up beyond recognition. The main menu elements work for the most part, however, parts like the difficulty selection screen are barely legible. The first mission is unplayable due to extremely slow fps.

I've messed around with the presets and tried a few hacks but nothing worked. When troubleshooting, I found a solution involving simply switching to software rendering. This (once I'd switched the rendering threads from 2 to 6) worked as an easy fix. It came with a few caveats like the audio being somewhat delayed (almost in slow-motion), and lacking the 2x-8x native resolution that the hardware modes have but otherwise works alright.

I was wondering if this bug had been brought to the dev team's attention prior and if there existed some sort of planned fix in the future for games that suffer whatever bug/issue is causing this.

Activision Loading Logo

Difficulty Selection

Memory Check

Main Menu

Sponsored links

Yeah, the game is pretty broken in hardware mode, you're better off pressing F9 to change to software mode, it'll fix all visual issues, but ingame will run at about 30-40fps on a high end computer.

Not much we can do about that right now I'm afriad.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Any news about this issue ?
maybe on latest dev build
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The last time I checked this game and I went completely on the latest version of the developers, so the graphics problem is fixed there.
CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 @ 2 GB
RAM: 12 GB DDR3
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.