Halp pls i unno if runs omg pls
You still have to get a brand new x58 board. The cost of going to a xeon will be at or even higher than a 4790K with a stock clock of 4ghz. No the xeon won't be as fast as your i5 in PCSX2. You will probably need ECC RAM as well.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(08-06-2015, 06:43 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You still have to get a brand new x58 board. The cost of going to a xeon will be at or even higher than a 4790K with a stock clock of 4ghz. No the xeon won't be as fast as your i5 in PCSX2. You will probably need ECC RAM as well.
All I ask is about PCSX2 will it run my games okay? The motherboard and processor together will cost me 250€, that's not even enough to buy a 4770 non k in my country. And no I don't need ECC RAM to work with this.
If you bump it to 4Ghz I would say yes. Most games will run at full speed. Still it is worse than your current cpu - and that by far.
If you can not get it to 4 ghz but more closer to 3.5 Ghz I would guess you will get first problems at demanding games. But still you will be able to play Kingdom Hearts or FFX without slowdowns or just really occasionally.

But why don't you just keep both PC's? You need a new mobo and ram in any case, or? Just buy a new psu, fan and case and that's it. Transfer your gpu into your new xeon pc and buy a cheap gpu for the pcsx2/i5 pc. Put the i5 into your living room and use it to play games. Put the xeon on your desk to work.
(08-06-2015, 06:06 PM)MikeFox Wrote: Nowhere near mate. 

X5650 - http://hwbot.org/image/1425452.jpg encoding - 120 seconds @4.1Ghz

FX 6300 - http://hwbot.org/image/1335817.jpg encoding - 159 @5.1Ghz 

All I asked was for pcsx2 performance, I know my hardware, don't chu worry bout it c:

Ah, I was comparing passmark performance with a bit of an assumption with the OCs. Sorry. I guess it should fare rather well if overclocked quite a bit. Guessing around 1600 STP, should be good on most games (albeit some with speedhacks)

Which benchmark were you looking at? I wanna compare some cpus
(08-06-2015, 08:00 PM)willkuer Wrote: If you bump it to 4Ghz I would say yes. Most games will run at full speed. Still it is worse than your current cpu - and that by far.
If you can not get it to 4 ghz but more closer to 3.5 Ghz I would guess you will get first problems at demanding games. But still you will be able to play Kingdom Hearts or FFX without slowdowns or just really occasionally.

But why don't you just keep both PC's? You need a new mobo and ram in any case, or? Just buy a new psu, fan and case and that's it. Transfer your gpu into your new xeon pc and buy a cheap gpu for the pcsx2/i5 pc. Put the i5 into your living room and use it to play games. Put the xeon on your desk to work.
Yeah maybe I'll just do that. The thing is, I wanted to make this happen with only the money I saved up, but I guess investing a little with my bank account may be worth it since if I sell my i5 here, they're offering me 120€ and it's not worth selling to these people. (my country is kinda eh, where I live anyway. So yeah maybe I'll just do that, yes. 

Would you know anything about the games I mentioned in the initial post tho? Will they run on the Xeon? Just to make sure.
(08-07-2015, 06:54 AM)Rassane Wrote: Ah, I was comparing passmark performance with a bit of an assumption with the OCs. Sorry. I guess it should fare rather well if overclocked quite a bit. Guessing around 1600 STP, should be good on most games (albeit some with speedhacks)

Which benchmark were you looking at? I wanna compare some cpus

I'm using RealBenchV2 by Asus ROG, Which uses real world performance applications like gimp, handbrake and this other program for 3D modeling stuff, I forgot it's name. It's probably the best way to get numbers to compare since it's basically real world scenarios being tested such as applying filters to photos, editing them, resizing them, video encoding, 3D rendering with vertex thingies and Ray tracing, I don't really know the true definition of those things but yeah, it's the best baseline I've found to measure real world performance, because most benchmarks only really show raw performance which isn't always the case with the day to day applications.

Link: http://rog.asus.com/376212014/overclocki...9-support/
(08-06-2015, 07:20 PM)MikeFox Wrote: All I ask is about PCSX2 will it run my games okay? The motherboard and processor together will cost me 250€, that's not even enough to buy a 4770 non k in my country. And no I don't need ECC RAM to work with this.

It would run decently on most of the moderate games but it would surely be weaker than the I5 unless you overclock it to some high clock speed. the extra rendering threads might help in software mode so that's a plus. Hardware mode will be slower than your I5 on most cases.

To be honest, I'd rather not get such a old architecture processor. your current haswell is fine as it is, would be better waiting for the prices to go down and check on the newer processors.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
@ssakash he needa a multicore cpu. The more cores the better. Current multicore cpus are out of range considering costs.

@op
Most of the games you use I don't have. But I would suggest a short benchmark. Run your games at native resolution and press f4. This disables the framelimiter. Then you check and note fps during some demanding games and make sure ee is always close to 100%. Now you take something like 75% of that framerate and check if it is still above full speed (60 for NTSC and 50 for pal games). How does it work out?
(08-07-2015, 02:17 PM)willkuer Wrote: @ssakash he needa a multicore cpu. The more cores the better. Current multicore cpus are out of range considering costs.

@op
Most of the games you use I don't have. But I would suggest a short benchmark. Run your games at native resolution and press f4. This disables the framelimiter. Then you check and note fps during some demanding games and make sure ee is always close to 100%. Now you take something like  75% of that framerate and check if it is still above full speed (60 for NTSC and 50 for pal games). How does it work out?
I will try it out tomorrow, I don't have PCSX2 on it atm because I upgrade to an SSD and formated my computer. Tomorrow I shall report on it. 

Also the PCSX2 database apparently doesn't yet have a i5-4690 benchmark.. My friend does have Final  Fantasy, should I run that and post it on the thread?
Sure why not. Keep in mind that it uses an old version with very specific settings