Hardware Anti-Aliasing
How well does it work? What number should I use/start with?
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Sponsored links

AA consumes much GPU power. I'm not certain, but I feel the result of AA is much like upscaling to a higher res. If you wanna use it, start at 2x and increase it 'till your GPU struggles.

I would use it if GPU usage did not reach 100% at 6x native resolution.
well if you ask me FXAA and MSAA is much more effective than the AA effect that increasing the res above you monitor have but a little less compatible

like i bet anyone feels any difference when running at a res higher than X4 native ...

actually there is some games ended up with no edges at all ( no stairs as well Laugh XD )
You can always use it if your GPU got much power to spare for the extra load...

(08-02-2012, 07:08 AM)abdo123 Wrote: actually there is some games ended up with no edges at all ( no stairs as well Laugh XD )

Wow, does this mean that it was too smooth? Laugh
(08-02-2012, 07:16 AM)Ice Queen Zero Wrote: You can always use it if your GPU got much power to spare for the extra load...

Wow, does this mean that it was too smooth? Laugh

yep the textures are completely smooth in the Simpsons game i will post pics just to laugh Laugh

hey i just discovered a new BUG need to report ...
FXAA gives similar results to MSAA (think it was this) but without taking up as much power (at least on an nVidia).
How do you enable FXAA in PCSX2 again I forgot.
PgUp key...
I just tried MSAA on the new plugins (latest SVN build).

WOW!

There's BARELY any difference with it on (even up to x16). Other than smoother text boxes and fonts, the jaggies in everything else barely changes. Looks more like seeing an emulation on 4x upscaled, which by the way takes less out of the CPU than MSAA... Not worth using at all (at least for now). Sticking with upscaling seems to be the better choice.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti