Hardware Requirements.
if you restrict yourself to only play ps2 games that laptop isn't a good choice. As said before the CPU isn't enough for demanding games to emulate. the graphics doesn't even matter that much in that case. you could play "cheaper" games at a maybe up to 2x resolution at bareable framerates with maybe some fps drops. but nothing hardcore visuals on screen.

if you do alternative and have some pc games as the favor you'd be fine with it. therefore it's a really med balanced system and it's got some good horse power to do some more media stuff.

play at home or can move? the decision is yours. not ours to do. Wink

Sponsored links

(02-07-2012, 03:30 AM)xstyla Wrote: if you restrict yourself to only play ps2 games that laptop isn't a good choice. As said before the CPU isn't enough for demanding games to emulate. the graphics doesn't even matter that much in that case. you could play "cheaper" games at a maybe up to 2x resolution at bareable framerates with maybe some fps drops. but nothing hardcore visuals on screen.

if you do alternative and have some pc games as the favor you'd be fine with it. therefore it's a really med balanced system and it's got some good horse power to do some more media stuff.

play at home or can move? the decision is yours. not ours to do. Wink

Thanks. Somebody to give a reasonably nice answer lol. Is the cpu really that bad? o.o. I thought the i7's were pretty good. My friend uses i7 oc to 3.5ghz.
That CPU is not bad at all.
For PCSX2, it can actually handle some of the heavier games, with very little tweaking (i.e. Tekken 5).
Not the heaviest games, of course. Smile

A Sandy Bridge quad @ 2.8-3.0Ghz (mobile or not) is rather potent, even compared to the average desktop.
Just check the CPU benches in the Hardware section.
(02-07-2012, 05:03 AM)Rezard Wrote: That CPU is not bad at all.
For PCSX2, it can actually handle some of the heavier games, with very little tweaking (i.e. Tekken 5).

A Sandy Bridge quad @ 2.8-3.0Ghz (mobile or not) is rather potent even compared to the average desktop.
Just check the CPU benches in the Hardware section.

Yeah. I did. That's why I'm like really? I thought it was fine. The cpu I'm getting is i7 quad core @ 3.1ghz overclocked.
Right.
Sorry-- I just popped onto the last page, and have now realized a link to the benches was already posted. Laugh

BTW - That 3.1Ghz is only a Turbo Boost that is possible for single core operation.
It would hit either 2.8Ghz (on 4 cores), or 3.0Ghz (on 2 cores) with PCSX2.
Well either way. It is still in the range of working which is all I needed to know. Thank you very much for the help (:.