Hardware Requirements.
lol. "pro"pcsx2. I dunno about the prices in dollar without messing a currency calc but those parts specs alone are just crap if you target good speed on pcsx2. also find a case with a handle or something and an additional hook for the monitor. this where you go nowhere if you wanna be mobile. Wink

Sponsored links

it will be fine for him and there are updates for this FYI. so he will be fine.

and its only a suggestion i dnt expect him to grab this one but to just have a point to start
looking at a Micro ATX desktop.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.
I vote for a new guide "how to use the forums", first point with big, juicy red letters should be:
"Never listen to advices of people calling themselves PRO". ;O

@OP I'm not really into looking over shops as my country prices are different and I don't wanna look stupid like the guy above, but if laptop is better choice for you, find some money for a cooling pad too(unless you already have one), couse pcsx2 turns into a stress test for most laptops and overheating is an awfully common problem.
well there are also some LANCases which are small and light and quite easy to carry, okay it doesn't really have that much upgrade options and it's all packed in one small case (F.e. Shuttle Cases are actually quite good) that could be a good option. It's cheaper then a laptop and u will have atleast full desktop power in a small case Smile

See this picture as an example what I mean: [Image: nzxt_rogue-003.jpg]

An old friend had one of these cases and he always could carry it with him cause it was light, small and still powerful.
i don't recommend that case, i have one and its a dust buster.
xstyla
miseru99

you two arent good members because at least i am trying to help.
wether its good advice or not its still advice, and can give some good ideas.
so instead of being a keyboard warrior why not try to spit some decent
posts like Squall and Strife. Actually LAN cases are great, although ive never had one be a dust monster only because
since I didnt know any better i had it in a cubby where it generated lots of heat...guess I shoulda opted for dust.
But yes LAN cases are nice, but I heard your limited on the GFX cards you can fit in them.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.
sorry. but does that lan thing fit in a bag? and where's the monitor? you forgetting things. Wink

a laptop isn't that bad for it's size and portability. but sure the heat is a problem. I'm running a 50W TDP ensemble at 75°C (167°F) after an hour at 100%. so maybe that 45W CPU + 25W graphics might wanna boil if the cooling is bad. but if you get a good vendor you'll get some sort of better cooling. and you can always put a small extra cooler under it when you stressing the box too much.

what's a bit miserable for pcsx2 is indeed the weak per core clock that's only 2.2G. maybe a faster i3 or i5 dual and slight modiclocked for less or the ~same TDP might do the job without frying the case. but well... not even enough for good ps2 games either.

maybe a desktop is really the best option if you going pure for pcsx2. else... f*ck it. emulate cheap ps2 games and enjoy the pc game market that even runs on slow quadcore laptops.
@promastahadviser - No advice > awfull and confusing advise. Nobody fights over keyboards here, just fight agains the confusion you're causing. Test your eyes(as my post wasn't even directed to you, and mentioned you only at the beginning), then test your knowledge, then when you start understanding that only a fool thinks he knows everything and calls himself pro, change your nick and welcome back at giving advices and helping with problems, couse now your posts do more harm than help.
Frankly I would completely ignore your troll post, but maybe you just don't understand what's happening and starts feeling hated or something, I don't wanna be the one that touches some kiddos too deeply through my words and will say you're wrong and aren't hated(at least yet;P and I can say only for myself). It's just most of your posts till now you talk high about self trying to show as some uber geek which is tripple irritating when comparing to actual facts. Most noobs would at least know what they're talking about from pure practical experience mixed with a basic ability to read while you seem to have a negative learning curve or something at least you seemed a bit smarter before you started to post regurally. That's just sad to watch. Anyway end of offtop on my side here not gonna feed you anymore sorry.
I'm not meaning to cause any problems or anything. I have gotten advice from peopleand am thankful. All i need to know is a simple yes or no right now. I have no problems with overheating at all. I've put my intel single core processor 2.3ghz and 3gb ram and a crappy integrated graphics card through some hard games such as vindictis boarderlands age of empires 3 and countless others. Just need a simple answer if the laptop I'm buying would be able to run pcsx2 (not flawlessly just playable). I plan to upgrade the graphics card in the future and lo into a cooling unit to go along with it. Not really looking into a desktop too much cause i don't have the extra money for a monitor. Hope i can get a simple reply without much more arguing and flaming lol.
Personal opinion: You say you don't have the money to buy a desktop because of the monitor, but you have the money to throw away on outdated hardware, If your buying a new machine for portability, browsing, work etc, go buy the laptop. If your buying it with gaming in mind (other than minesweeper) save a bit and buy a half decent desktop for probably not much more money, build if its an option for you, always better.

Your Question: Possibly, at native resolution.