Hardware requirements
I'm thinking on upgrading my son machine, he has a p4 3ghz 2 gb ram, with a ati x850xt 256mb video card, he es 7 and is playing FF XII, Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and both are running quite slow, I'm getting a Pentium D 3.4, 4gb ram, and a 6450 512mb video card, and I'm wondering if the games will run smooth with this new configuration.
Thanks

Sponsored links

I doubt any PS2 games run well on such an ancient CPU except for some 2D titles. A Pentium G (Sandy Bridge) is cheap and good for its price but it requires you to upgrade the motherboard as well. It is up to your consideration.
They will run but you could consider upgrading to Core2Duo or newer for A better experience. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
How about a e5700, or should I go with a e8400, would it make a difference?
thanks Laugh
You could get get a Sandybridge I3 2100, it's cheap and a dual core. Should probably perform pretty well right?

Or just check Tomshardware recommended gaming CPUs for the best price.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gami...,3106.html
Hi, I'm new here, and I've only just learned about Pcsx2. I was wondering if I could get it to run on my laptop.

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor : Intel Core i5 2.30GHz
Memory : 4Gb
GPU : NVidia GEForce GT 520m 1gb

I know my rig will not be able to run the higher end PS2 games, but can anyone recommend me games that I can run on this laptop?

Thanks.. XoXo
(05-26-2012, 06:57 AM)grahf08 Wrote: Hi, I'm new here, and I've only just learned about Pcsx2. I was wondering if I could get it to run on my laptop.

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor : Intel Core i5 2.30GHz
Memory : 4Gb
GPU : NVidia GEForce GT 520m 1gb

I know my rig will not be able to run the higher end PS2 games, but can anyone recommend me games that I can run on this laptop?

Thanks.. XoXo

why not try it yourself, youve got the games right?
(05-26-2012, 05:36 PM)warWeeny Wrote: why not try it yourself, youve got the games right?

I have Star Ocean 3 and tried playing it.. The fastest FPS I got was around 60... lowest being 23.... How should I configure pcsx2 so I could play it with stable FPS?
(06-02-2012, 08:42 AM)grahf08 Wrote: I have Star Ocean 3 and tried playing it.. The fastest FPS I got was around 60... lowest being 23.... How should I configure pcsx2 so I could play it with stable FPS?

Same answer copied from my previous posts:

1. Enable speedhacks including MTVU (Disable if breaks game)
2. Set your resolution in GSdx to "Native"
3. Change EE/IOP and VU Clamp modes to "None" (Revert back if game broken)
4. Wait for someone to post something better
i am using

windows: xp sp2
RAM 2gb ddr2
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.93 ghz
VGA:512 NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i built-in

and it work very veryyyyyyyy slow and with verrry low details
The FPS was from 25-57
and how the playstation 2 run the games with orginale speed and details and playstation 2 ram like 512 and vga 256 with bad CPU?