Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Game Help! With Actual Disk
Hello everyone, 

So a few months back I wanted to play HP3 (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) on the emulator, got the ISO and everything and what not but it would not work. I found out from reading several posts online that other people were having the same problem with HP3 and HP2. I was thinking maybe it was the ISO it's self or whatever. So very recently I bought the actual HP3 PS2 disk, and I configured it to run from the CD drive, however whenever I run it, it will give me one of 4 things:
1. Just a black screen (not doing anything else)
2. It will show the screen saying stuff about memory cards like it did in the actual game then give me a black screen
3. It will do 2 but then stop on some what i'm assuming is a debug screen
4. It will do 2 and then do the "EA GAMES challenge in everything" thing then do the black screen.
Most of the time it will do either 4 or 1 when I reboot it. (Using Fast Reboot but I don't think that matters)
I have the PCSX2 1.2.1 version, and my disk was brand new out of the packaging. I have a Dell Precision M 4700 if that helps.
Can someone help me make this game work? Or is it not usable with an emulator, even if I have the actual disc?

Sponsored links

play it on your PS2 console.
this game isn't compatible with pcsx2 yet.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Harry Potter 2 (Chamber of Secrets) and 3 (Prisoner of Azkaban) don't work on PCSX2 yet, but you can always try Dolphin to emulate the GameCube versions instead.
(03-03-2016, 02:43 PM)Devina Wrote: Harry Potter 2 (Chamber of Secrets) and 3 (Prisoner of Azkaban) don't work on PCSX2 yet, but you can always try Dolphin to emulate the GameCube versions instead.

he said he owns the PS2 version, not the GC one.
Why would he buy it twice ?
(03-03-2016, 02:48 PM)jesalvein Wrote: he said he owns the PS2 version, not the GC one.
Why would he buy it twice ?

To actually get it working on PC?

And maybe it has better performance on Dolphin.

Lemony Snicket, for example, chugs on PCSX2 but works flawlessly in Dolphin.

Harry Potter is extremely weird as a video game series, tho. Each game usually has a lot of ports, and a lot of the ports are unique with level levels, gameplay, mechanics, etc. They aren't even really the "same" game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FShB4T4f2_g

Here's the game on Dolphin, btw. Widescreen hack needs a render fix tho, ugh.
(03-03-2016, 02:54 PM)Devina Wrote: To actually get it working on PC?
better buy the pc version, then ?
(03-03-2016, 02:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: better buy the pc version, then ?

I literally JUST explained above, the PC version of the game is unique with different levels, challenges, areas, locations, etc.

For example, compare these two vids:

PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMTacpouYyM

GameCube / PS2 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FShB4T4f2_g

It's like two different games under the same title and series.
(03-03-2016, 03:01 PM)Devina Wrote: I literally JUST explained above, the PC version of the game is unique with different levels, challenges, areas, locations, etc.
didn't catch this. sorry.
Means the PS2 GC ports are exactly the same, then ?
Essentially, yes. But there's some minor console port differences.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2004/06/09/ha...ead?page=1

Apparently the GameCube version looks "noticeably brighter" and more "washed out", so you may need to use a shader in Dolphin.
The point is moot, he owns the PS2 version, what's the point in buying it again if he already owns it. He can play it on his PS2 until it works on the emulator, suggesting he buys it for a different platform as a solution is amongst the most pointless/unhelpful advice i've ever heard.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]