Has anyone had a problem using the Memory card with 64 MB in the Pcsx2 emulator
I want know really as safe using a Memory card with 64 mb in pcsx2,because i have and play many games for ps2 and do not want to take heavy risks to lost my saves games work.
Actually i used a lots of memory card with 8 mb,and one of 32 mb and never had a problem.Now i want to tryng to used a only 64 mg mem.card.
What would be the real level of compatbility?because in the derscrision (pcsx2-m.card option)causes a impression of very low compatybility...

Sponsored links

moving to support section.

In answer to your question, most newer games support 64mb cards, but early games, especially CD games can have serious issues with them. Sega Superstars Tennis refuses to even boot with a 64mb card.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ok,i see about the Ps2 Cds in the wikipedia,i only have 5 games of this list,i believe rarely will have any problem then,n any case will have one second memory card with 8 mb,thanks sir refraction...but I have one last question,in the pcsx2 comunity have a list of imcompatibility of the 64 mb memory card?
It's probably safer to use a frontend like PCSX2Bonus and have a different card for each game. If you just have one big card and something happens to it... >_<
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
You can always have it as a separate card. Just copy the saves to that 2nd card as an 'archive' (by booting into the PS2 BIOS aka 'No Disc' setting in the menu) and keep your active game saves on the main card. you'd be surprised how long 8 MB lasts. Unless you're saving every possible time and playing 4+ different RPGs while doing this, you won't fill up the entire memory card very easily.

In fact, I can't even remember any time where I filled up my entire PS2 8 MB memory card. Blink
I can. But then I save like crazy. I got a trophy in Ar tonelico Qoga called "Save obsession syndrome" for saving more than 100 times in a single playhtrough hehe.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-27-2013, 01:45 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: You can always have it as a separate card. Just copy the saves to that 2nd card as an 'archive' (by booting into the PS2 BIOS aka 'No Disc' setting in the menu) and keep your active game saves on the main card. you'd be surprised how long 8 MB lasts. Unless you're saving every possible time and playing 4+ different RPGs while doing this, you won't fill up the entire memory card very easily.

In fact, I can't even remember any time where I filled up my entire PS2 8 MB memory card. Blink

Ok,thanks,but...when i have a ps2 console I needed to have 4 memory cards 8 mb,iol: D,well, for me this issue is resolved,I follow all the advice,thanks all.