Has anyone used button sensitivity on PCSX2?
Yo,

I'm wondering if anyone has used touch button sensitivity with PCSX2 or if it is even possible. Anyone who has played MGS knows what I am talking about. Specifically the face buttons and R1-L1.

Please don't post if you have never used it or don't know how to troubleshoot the problem. If its not possible that's fine but I just don't want posts where people have no idea if it works but still post "read here maybe" or "use lillypad".

From what I can tell in PCSX2 there are no options. Motionjoy doesn't have any real custom settings.

Sponsored links

pressure sensitivity is not available in any of the standard api's, including SDL (it was removed) DirectX(Never had it) and Xinput(never will have it)

it can be implemented via RawInput however.
But then why did Chiken Liver mentioned that there is support : Lilypad

Read the Basic Control Configuration there. He says there is support for Pressure Sensivity button. In PAD1 in Configure Binding... Tongue2

make sure your gamepad appears there in lilypad. Click on Device Diagnostic and see what it says when any button is pressed. If it is always 1.000 or 0.000 then it doesn't support. Tongue2

By the Way,
Why support by Pressure Sensivity was removed in SDL?
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
no lilypad user has managed to get pressure sensitive buttons working via native as yet and it is not provided in any of the other supported api's.

Buttons mapped via xinput or directinput are either on or off, they do not report as single direction axes unless the driver provides that kind of remapping (XBCD does for instance, but you'd run out of axes pretty quick)

In a few games, there's situations where you have to press a button gently, or hard. This is a puzzle in SO3 and so playing with the settings manually in lillypad to emulate the half press is the best you can do for now. It took a lot longer to complete the puzzle but you can make do. I've not seen a game be broken because you can't use pressure sensitivity properly so that's a bonus.
I'm going to definitively say that face button pressure sensitivity will not work on PCSX2. You cannot have a light press and hard press giving different actions. For instance in MGS2-3 where a hard press will raise your gun and lightly letting it go will lower your gun without firing or where holding an enemy in CQC with a knife, where lighting holding will cause you to hold the enemy without slitting his throat and a hard press will slit his throat. Also many racing games where the throttle can be adjusted depending on how hard the square button is being held.

(11-15-2011, 04:51 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: pressure sensitivity is not available in any of the standard api's, including SDL (it was removed) DirectX(Never had it) and Xinput(never will have it)

it can be implemented via RawInput however.

Doesn't work via RawInput. If you have done it then please say how.

(11-15-2011, 05:44 PM)recoder Wrote: But then why did Chiken Liver mentioned that there is support : Lilypad

Read the Basic Control Configuration there. He says there is support for Pressure Sensivity button. In PAD1 in Configure Binding... Tongue2

make sure your gamepad appears there in lilypad. Click on Device Diagnostic and see what it says when any button is pressed. If it is always 1.000 or 0.000 then it doesn't support. Tongue2

By the Way,
Why support by Pressure Sensivity was removed in SDL?

He is talking about analog sticks. Nowhere does he mention face-button sensitivity. Lillypad has no support for this option. I have tried. Have you? It doesn't sound like you have. Lillypad gives you the option to change how hard you have to press the button for it to work. It doesn't give you the option to assign a light press to one action and a hard press for another or indicate anywhere that this is what that option affects.

(11-15-2011, 07:38 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: no lilypad user has managed to get pressure sensitive buttons working via native as yet and it is not provided in any of the other supported api's.

Buttons mapped via xinput or directinput are either on or off, they do not report as single direction axes unless the driver provides that kind of remapping (XBCD does for instance, but you'd run out of axes pretty quick)

I think your right. Noone has been able to get this option working from what I have read. A lot of people say ***** like "look at lillypad" like recoder but have no idea what they are talking about and have never actually done it.

Squall Leonhart, I'm not sure what you are talking about but if you are referring to axis sensitivity then please read my original post ffs.

Quote:Doesn't work via RawInput. If you have done it then please say how.

I never said it did in lilypad, i inferred it can do. However it requires per device implementation because different controllers put the buttons on different registers. (HID must be bypassed)

Quote:Squall Leonhart, I'm not sure what you are talking about but if you are referring to axis sensitivity then please read my original post ffs.

Pressure sensitive buttons when read via raw access appears like a half axis ranging from 00 to FF, which lets you use remapping methods if the controllers driver supports it. for instance, if playing a nfs title on pcsx2, you could put 2 halves of one axis on the buttons assigned to accelerate and reverse and the other on additional buttons.

only a few drivers, usually third party/ or open source allows this type of remapping though.
lilypad does have a form of sensitivity setting Smile f.e. with Star Ocean 3 with the Flute quest you need to press 2 buttons only slightly, just change the slider from 1.0 to 0.5 and it did worked for me Smile
Sorry to rez this thread but...

Motionjoy recently added support for PS2 Controller Touch Button Sensitivity.

Tutorial here: http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/game/guide/pcsx2
nobody cares what "HackJoy" implements.