Haunting Ground Graphical Issues
Greetings, and good evening.

I hope I am not asking a common question that you gents have already answered way too many times, but I am having a rather annoying problem with getting Haunting Ground to run in an acceptable manner in software mode.

But first things first. This is my current setup:

PCSX2 1.4.0
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-4790k CPU 4 GHz
Geforce GTX 970
Game running from ISO

I initially went with hardware mode. With the standard settings, the game ran with a bizarre ghosting effect - Fiona and all other characters would lool like they were being followed by a pinkish ghost. Messing with the TX offset (500x500) fixed that, but then I noticed the game was not rendering shadows on any characters (shadows cast by the environment work fine). I tried to  switch to software mode, but that just made the game look incredibly low-res - downright ugly, to the point that I couldn't even make out the expression on Fiona's face if she was too far away. Sure, having the game look nicer is preferable to playing with shadows; and, given that all video footage I found of the game running on emulators featured no shadows, I was ready to consider the case closed and take what I could get. But curiosity got the better of me, and I am eager to see how the experience will change with proper reaction to lighting... as long as I can get the bloody game to not look like someone smeared oil all over some imaginary wall between my screen and the game itself. This is as good as I've managed to make it look:

[Image: 0yoYrkx]

So I would like to ask: what are the recommended settings (more or less) for running the game on software mode? Exactly what should I be tinkering with? I've already turned anti-aliasing and mapping on and set the rendering threads to 3. Is there anything else I could do? I've tried running the game on windowed mode, but getting it to look acceptable requires such a small window that I might as well be playing on a Game Boy.

Thanks in advance, and do forgive any grammar mistakes I might have made. I am not a native speaker and I'm currently enjoying that delicious hangover we tend to get when we spend too much time without proper sleep, so something might have slipped through.

Sponsored links