Haunting Ground (bloom or no shadows)
(07-23-2018, 03:25 PM)vorob Wrote: Hello, I've got a totally disrespectful question to the developers of PCSX2, and i'm sorry about this.

I've learned about this emulator long ago and my initial idea was to play some ps2 exclusive horror games, like subj. And in 2012-13 I found that PCSX2 can't render shadows in HW mode of Haunting Ground. Over 5 years passed since then and I've tried it once again. Same issue. How can it be? Is that some kind of super-duper ultra rare and extreme hard issue to fix?

depends.
what settings have you been using ?
which pcsx2 version ?
which haunting ground version ? Pal ? NTSC ? Original, or premium collection ? etc...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

While I can't see your original images since they no longer exist or link, I can answer a bit. Hardware mode will probably never be 100% exact since PCSX2 is roughly translating the graphical calls the PS2 would have made into something modern hardware will understand. The PS2 itself handles graphics in an interesting manner due to it's unique architecture. Software mode lets you handle things any way that you can code it, with out having to worry about having it work on hardware that is radically different from the source.

Anyways... Even if it is your own thread please don't resurrect a 5 year old thread. Next time or if you wish to continue this just make a new thread and ad a link to the old thread in case someone wants to read it.
(07-23-2018, 03:25 PM)vorob Wrote: Hello, I've got a totally disrespectful question to the developers of PCSX2, and i'm sorry about this.

I've learned about this emulator long ago and my initial idea was to play some ps2 exclusive horror games, like subj. And in 2012-13 I found that PCSX2 can't render shadows in HW mode of Haunting Ground. Over 5 years passed since then and I've tried it once again. Same issue. How can it be? Is that some kind of super-duper ultra rare and extreme hard issue to fix?

Turn on the opengl renderer, and adjust the level of hacking partial or minimum.