Haunting Ground glitch: Everything is green!
This is still a rumour, but AMD might have a new cpu coming out with the codename Centurion, which is a FX-83xx CPU (Based on that core) that runs at 5 Ghz and might going to cost 795 USD, and that 5 Ghz is ofcourse overclocked in the factory, so there is still a chance that you might go even higher then that.

Sponsored links

(04-13-2013, 04:13 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: This is still a rumour, but AMD might have a new cpu coming out with the codename Centurion, which is a FX-83xx CPU (Based on that core) that runs at 5 Ghz and might going to cost 795 USD, and that 5 Ghz is ofcourse overclocked in the factory, so there is still a chance that you might go even higher then that.

Holy crap. What kind of power supply would you need to run that beast?!
I don't think that much higher then a FX-8350? I mean as a small example, I could run my CPU on 4 Ghz with minimal overclock. It's @ 1.4v now and I already managed to run it at 4 Ghz on 1.41v Smile Ofcourse this is only 300 mhz difference and this CPU is way older and ofcourse I don't have any experience with the Vishera FX (63xx and 83xx) CPUs, so this can be wrong, but it seems logical Smile
What CPU do you think would be good for me? I know nothing about CPUs and the whole number of cores x GHz does not = amount of productivity the CPU does confuses me... How do you know how good the CPU is considering the GHz and the amount of cores it has? What's the difference between i7 and i5? So confusing >___<
The main question would be for what besides PCSX2 do you use your PC for Smile This is always the first what you ask yourself and ofcourse besides the budget you want to spent.
What do I use my PC for, you ask?

EVERYTHING o___________o

But in all seriousness... I use it mostly for gaming and I play most of them on PCSX2 since PS2 has the best games Wink I also use some lower-end emulators like Snes9X and the like. I play some PC games too, but not nearly as much; even then it's things like Mirror's Edge, Alice: Madness Returns, etc but nothing TOO demanding like, say, Fallout III. Aside from that, I use my PC to edit videos. It's HD footage on semi-professional software like Sony Vegas and Camtasia so yeah, that takes some power from the CPU as well, but I've never had a problem with lag or crashing on this one.
Oh, and as for budget, I'm only sixteen and won't be employed until this summer so obviously I'm not made of money Smile

Budget is 200-300 dollars or so. More than 300 is a bit pricy but not impossible for me. I'd rather pay a lot of money for a good CPU with a long lifespan than a decent one that will get outdated in a year.

I think my power supply is 500 watts. I updated from 300 watts recently because of my new graphics card. Do CPUs work the same way with power supplies?

My goal is to run Xenosaga Episode I at 60 FPS no lag. Because if I can get that running at 60 FPS then I can emulate pretty much any game.
CPUs aren't really that much more power consuming nowadays, The newer the CPU is (Smaller Die the current Intel CPUs are what 22nm?) mostly the cooler they are. But if you want to buy a new CPU you probably need to buy a new motherboard aswell. Not sure where you live, but if you live in the states you could check on newegg.com for their motherboard + cpu combo's and ask folks here if it's a good choice or not. I don't know really, cause I never had an Intel in my life, cause they're just too expensive to my taste and AMD never let me down.
(04-14-2013, 03:48 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: I don't know really, cause I never had an Intel in my life, cause they're just too expensive to my taste and AMD never let me down.

That's why u said in u'r earlier post ["he thinks everyone else have a crappy pc"].if u had never experience Intel in u'r life,then how u said that? Intel processors are the best & u're thinking u'r pc is a beast lol Cool & don't think if u'r country have less priced computers,ours have also.here computer prices are touching sky.My aunt bought it at very heavy price & if i build my own pc i'll build a beast computer!!
Back to topic please.