Have anyone tested Pcsx2 Playground 1.0.0395 on Windows 7 ?
This is an extra question I would interested to know the answer ... because Windows 7 - 6.1.7000 (Beta) (12 December 2008) available from Internet download or DVD Medium. So, has any member here try before play PCSX2 on windows 7 ? Happy

Information I collected:
(note1: Windows 7 have no problem with Vista compatible software issues)
(note2: Windows 7 also support Directx 9,10,10.1 and 11)
(note3: Windows 7 gain more efficient by multi-core [C2Q])

Sponsored links

i assume it should run similarly as it does on vista, but i'm also curious if anyones tried it Tongue2
Yup ... because the windows Windows 7 is the improvement of Windows Vista .. thus I assume that the 3D engine and technology would improve also ... Hence anyone here try before ?? .. Please share some experience ( Happy )
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
if you tell me where to get Windows 7. I might consider to extend my benchmark also for the OS Smile
(12-27-2008, 12:46 PM)Jlagreen Wrote: if you tell me where to get Windows 7. I might consider to extend my benchmark also for the OS Smile

Better not link to privative software (games, windows betas or anything else), but I'm sure as hell you can find it yourself without much trouble (heck, it took me 2 seconds and most of it was the page loading time).
ah so it is not an official Beta. So it's better to avoid it. Who knows what MS Windows 7 is sending home, you know Wink. Or wait, is it ok for MSDN members? I just remember that I got a friend who is a member.
Probability yes ... but I found a interesting articles.

Quote:Microsoft Windows 7 Beta DVD is being given to the attendees of MSDN road show on January 13 in Chicago, Illinois. This will be the first giveaway of Windows 7 Beta DVD from eight scheduled as US road shows next year. For previous insights of the New Microsoft Windows 7 check Windows 7 Beta.

The specialty about this Microsoft beta is that this is the first full release of Windows 7 code which is a good way to show people what can be expected from the Windows Vista’s successor.

One of the advantage of windows 7 is that the light weight office applications can be easily used within the browsers. According to Ray Ozzie, chief software architect at Microsoft, it’s aiming to bring “the best of the web to Windows, and the best of Windows to the web.” Many also told about improved navigation, a new taskbar, support for multi-touch gestures, Device Stage and enhanced AV integration.

To the new users of windows 7 here is a quick list about the major noticeable improvements in Microsoft Windows 7:

Pin Items to Your Taskbar
Snap Your Windows to Size
Try Out Aero Shake
Tame User Account Control
Customize Your System Tray
Speed Up Your Startup
Upgrade Calculator and Paint; Get PowerShell
Have More Control over Wi-Fi Networks
Source:
http://www.walyou.com/blog/2008/12/04/wi...-free-dvd/
I've been running PCSX2 on Win 7 for a while, there's no notable performance gain from this new OS. Maybe there will be some if GSDX starts to support DirectX 11?
Quote:I've been running PCSX2 on Win 7 for a while, there's no notable performance gain from this new OS. Maybe there will be some if GSDX starts to support DirectX 11?

Thank..... It could be ... but as extra note ... now in market the Graphic Card only support Directx10.1 and 11 only by ATI HD3xxx and above series. Geforce haven't release yet.