Have i optimized PCSX2 for my system?
Hope this thread is kosher. It may be overlapping with one of the stickies a bit but i couldn't really learn what i wanted to from there. Anyway...

Like the title says, i'm wondering if there's anything i can do to optimize the configuration to squeeze out as much performance as possible.

The Specs (btw, i'm basically an idiot so sorry in advance if i forget anything or list it wrong):

Win 7 (64 bit)
Graphics card: AMD M88OG with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
Processor: AMD turion II Dual-core Mobile m500 2.20 GHz
RAM: 3.75 GB

Oh and also this is on a laptop.

With this set up i can get around 36-38 fps while playing Suikoden 3 (fps spikes up to like 50-58 during cut scenes for some reason). Does that seem like that max i should be getting? Or might there be anything i can do to get the fps up?

Now the configuration...

[Image: e2j6I.png]

[Image: gjkaN.png]

[Image: i2scJ.png]

[Image: Mr2gl.png]

So, see anything i could do to get it running a bit faster? Or have i maxed it out as far as these specs are concerned?

Sponsored links

You chose a demanding game, your PC can't get you much more I suppose. Change the Renderer in GSdx to the D3D10 (Hardware) one and try the latest beta, maybe you'll win some speed but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I think SPU2-X is better for sound plugin. And yeah, the latest beta will help you a lot. It will improve a little bit/more depends on the game, so don't get your hopes up.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
set native res. At gsdx plugin and try steal hack at. Medium setting. You can try old pcsx2 with speed hacks x3 in option with peops spu sound plugin. This game is one of demanding game, so to play well at. Least your cpu at. 3.6ghz and still need some hacks.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Okay i tried setting it to D3D10 (Hardware) and that made virtually no difference as far as i could tell. As for Spu2-X that's what i was using originally and it worked fine with Disgaea 1 (the only other game i've used) but with Suikoden it's extremely choppy. I tried adjusting the latency, but that didn't seem to help. If you've got any other ideas on how to get it to work i'll try 'em out.

I downloaded the beta... and now i'm having a problem with that too (lol sorry). I just can't configure it at all. Direct X is updated and i'm pretty sure i have all the right plugins but it won't seem to work. I can go in and adjust the settings all i want, but after i click ok they just don't save for whatever reason and revert back to their default/un-configured state. Any ideas?

EDIT: missed Register's post at first. Now i've tried his suggestions as well and they didn't seem to help much either. I didn't realize this was one of the more demanding games. I guess my machine just isn't cutting it? Regardless, thanks a lot for the help.
u must install the pcsx2 1888 inside my documents (cause thats where u have admin rights) and run it always us administrator (u can go to the options of the .exe and tick it so u dont have to do it every time)
after that u have to install the plugins by coping them where the .txt files says (in the plugins march folder u download). after that go select the new plugins (the one that have bigger version like: gsdx 1873 < gsdx 2693 with the bigger one being the latest and better) and yes use gsdx10 hardware, spu2-x (as i said the new one....) lilypad for controller and the new linuz iso. (generally use the newer always....)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-16-2010, 09:48 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: u must install the pcsx2 1888 inside my documents (cause thats where u have admin rights) and run it always us administrator (u can go to the options of the .exe and tick it so u dont have to do it every time)
I'll make it clearer. He means that you should set the application to always run as administrator. Right click in the pcsx2.exe(or whatever it is), click properties. At the "compatibility" tab, enable "Run this program as an administartor" (the checkbox is located at the bottom) . That should do it. Wink
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(05-16-2010, 09:59 AM)ikazu Wrote:
(05-16-2010, 09:48 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: u must install the pcsx2 1888 inside my documents (cause thats where u have admin rights) and run it always us administrator (u can go to the options of the .exe and tick it so u dont have to do it every time)
I'll make it clearer. He means that you should set the application to always run as administrator. Right click in the pcsx2.exe(or whatever it is), click properties. At the "compatibility" tab, enable "Run this program as an administartor" (the checkbox is located at the bottom) . That should do it. Wink

i said it the fast way Tongue hehe (dont forget to install it in my documents folder, Goonisis)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-16-2010, 10:01 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: i said it the fast way Tongue hehe (dont forget to install it in my documents folder, Goonisis)

I say it's not a matter where will you install the program. Just run it as administrator. EDIT: If you install it in certain directory like my documents, desktop, you don't need any administrator right. just run it as usual.
No offense mean, iakoboss7 Tongue just trying to make the fact. hehe (woops, sorry offtopic)
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Got the beta working now using the plugins iakoboss7 suggested and using the other suggested settings and the performance has improved. Bumped it up about 8-10 fps (with all the speed hacks turned on too). So thanks a bunch guys! Really appreciate it.