Have to re-set controller settings each time
Hello,
This is more of a pet peeve because the mapping is almost automatic but anyway to set the stage I have a wireless Xbox360 controller. When you turn it off (or when it does so itself because you didn't touch it for a while) Windows gives you the "USB disconnected" dimdumdun. And also the "USB Connected" dumdandin when you press the button to turn it on.

In PCSX2 stable (old UI) once set I didn't have to ever do it again, I could connect/disconnect while a game was running and it would instantly continue working.

Now I'm trying out the nightly build, with the new UI (QT FFX ? I forgot) and here when I start the emulator, I have to go to controller and do the "automatic mapping" with the detected controller. If it gets disconnected, the "controller 1" slot gets taken up automatically by my joystick, or something else, and I have to go back and reselect the XBox360 controller for "Controller 1", because the SDL number of the detected devices get mixed up. Is there a way to make it stick like in the old UI?

Sponsored links

Don't install to program files
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
In my case it's opposite. PCSX2 stable is installed to program files, PCSX2 nightly is extracted from zip and ran directly from there.
Where did you extract it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-27-2023, 02:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Don't install to program files

(03-27-2023, 04:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Where did you extract it

In "My Documents". But it probably doesn't matter that much, PCSX2 stable is installed in program files but it puts all its config files under My documents anyway.