Having Problems - Unresponsive
Well, first off not to kiss anyones rear for help but I'd like to say to the devs I love this program and what you guys do. I've used it for over a year now with no problems and now I have something that is giving me the stump everytime. I haven't changed any settings on anything, the computers been the same as it always was. When I mount an iso and go to run CD/DVD my computer seems to halfway lock-up. I can still move my mouse around, yet when I click on things it does nothing and I have no keyboard input. It just gets stuck so hard to the point that I have to hard reboot my computer ( hit the button ). I can see in the pcsx2 panel that it's booting from drive F: ( My image drive ) and it looks as everything is going to be ok, but when the gfx plugin boots my computer freezez and I can't click on anything, as I said before. This is the best way I can think to explain this problem. And just for the record I'm not completely technologically dumb. I've tried turning off my bios overclocking as to avoid overheating problems, and I've also messed with every possible setting I can think of in CCC ( Catalyst Control Center for Radeon series cards ofc ) still nothing I do works. Also, it absolutely CANNOT be the game ( Melty Blood: Actress Again ) considering the fact that I was running just fine two days ago with a constant 60 fps and no spikes. Can anyone help me please?

Specs:

ASUS m2n68-VM Motherboard
Windows XP Home Edition SP3
ATI Radeon 5750 HD
AMD Phenom II X4 920

If I haven't provided enough information as to get help with my problem please let me know and I'll give whatever else I have.
Also, I cannot help anyone as to reproduce this problem, because like i said believe it or not it just started happening, I haven't installed any new drivers or changed any software whatsoever.

Sponsored links

Why are you using an image drive to load your Iso`s use a Pcsx2 iso pluggin instead. Have you tried a fresh install of Pcsx2, something may have become corrupt. Try using the beta 1888 from here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...ember-2009
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(05-23-2010, 05:12 AM)Smoked Wrote: I can see in the pcsx2 panel that it's booting from drive F: ( My image drive ) and it looks as everything is going to be ok

well i cant really know why this is happening but for sure you must NOT mount the image anywhere. the image must NOT be used by any program and you open it with pcsx2 ONLY.

edit: sorry omnikam i was typing at this time so i ended like copying you Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-23-2010, 05:51 AM)omnikam Wrote: Why are you using an image drive to load your Iso`s use a Pcsx2 iso pluggin instead. Have you tried a fresh install of Pcsx2, something may have become corrupt. Try using the beta 1888 from here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Bet...ember-2009

I was using gigaherzcdvd plugin to designate my image drive lettered "F" ( By Daemon Tools ) as the drive to boot iso's from and it's been working flawlessly since i was first introduced to the program. I tried Using all other plugins (linuz iso etc) and I still get the lockup. Also, I've tried reinstalling and even running ccleaner to delete registry entries, then reinstalling again so that it's completely fresh where i have to reconfigure and everything. I've even tried using the beta version plugins and regardless, still the same lockup. Anymore suggestions?

Btw sorry for my typing, I'm doing this after drinking ( apologies ).
just dont mount the image whatever if it worked before or not. be sure the iso is not used by any program and open it from the emulator ONLY....

also if you can give a screenshot of the problem (if possible) after you do what we said above...

also i wouldnt recommend using ccleaner cause it usually deletes things that it must not....
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-23-2010, 12:38 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: just dont mount the image whatever if it worked before or not. be sure the iso is not used by any program and open it from the emulator ONLY....

also if you can give a screenshot of the problem (if possible) after you do what we said above...

also i wouldnt recommend using ccleaner cause it usually deletes things that it must not....

I've tried killing the daemon process completely after unmounting and then designating the iso inside the plugin for pcsx2, still it's unresponsive as soon as i try to run the game or any other game for that matter. I've also tried restarts and then doing the same thing in order so that everything is fresh, problem still persists. Also, I was not using CCLeaner at first but seeing as how it's not working regardless I don't think it really changed anything. Like I said my problem with the whole ordeal is that i truly have not changed anything, it's just decided to not work anymore....

Working on the screenshot yet i don't know how successful I'll be considering I get a system lockup.
I cannot give a screenshot of the actual problem due to the lockup and since I have to restart my computer. I've tried to do a little freehanding to display the problem, even though i know it's not the same.

Everthings fine at this point:
[Image: 14to6zk.jpg]

And this point aswell:
[Image: p7vqe.jpg]

Now when I hit RUN CD/DVD, what happens looks for the mostpart like this. I see the ZeroGS plugin in the taskbar where I've drawn the black box and it's highlighted as if it's selected but when it's window pops up ( The white box ) I can see right through it, all there is is an outline of the window with everything that was behind it previously is still visible. When I'm at this point my computer doesn't seem to be completely frozen because as I said before i can see my clock changing and if I'm logged in ventrillo I can still hear people speaking, yet when i touch my keyboard i have no input with it and no keyboard shortcuts work. Also even though i can move my mouse pointer around, If i click on something it's completely unresponsive as if I never clicked on it in the first place.
[Image: 2hp86qp.jpg]
You really should use GSdx and the latest PCSX2 beta 1888
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-23-2010, 06:00 PM)Bositman Wrote: You really should use GSdx and the latest PCSX2 beta 1888

Regardless of the fact of using GSDX or ZeroGS and also regardless if it's 0.9.6 or the beta build.... Same problem persists.

Anymore suggestions? Scuse' my language but im gettin ready to just say hell with it and reformat even though i truly don't want to do that.
OK lets try something simpler.
Make sure you're using the beta build and the GSdx that comes with it. Then make sure GSdx renderer is set to DX9 Software and pixel shader 3.
Then set cdvdnull as cdvd plugin and go to Run->Execute. What happens then?
[Image: newsig.jpg]