Having Trouble Playing My Favorite PS2 Game :/
I have tried playing a couple of games now(medal of honor series, killzone, Fifa Street 1 & 2) and eventually I got down to the game I REALLY wanted to get this emulator for!
Freekstyle!
Love it but can't find a similar product for PC/newer consoles.

So It's either this or nothing Wink

To describe my issue:
The game runs great and looks great graphically(compared to the other games I've tried which all had massive graphical issues & in case of fifa street would not even boot to the menu)
The only issue is this:
There's invisible walls EVERYWHERE
Walls that show the boundary(of the map) get an extension of about half a meter further than intended into the map(invisible, seems to vary slightly between respawns & restarts of the map:
There are some jumps that require you to go through a ring of fire or over a massive object back onto the road, those seem to vary the most, sometimes you can NOT pass over them or through them, sometimes you can), and some jumps require you to go over it at a weirdly specific location or specific speed or you will crash into a massive invisible wall.

So far I have been able to work around it and have gotten to the Gnome stage, however here there is a jump that just... has no openings, it is blocked on both sides of the jump, sometimes you get through the first one, only to have a 100% chance to crash into the second one.
It respawns you a bit back so you're forced to try it again.. and again.. and again..
it is one of the few areas that offer no second route(that usually works)
and now I am completely stuck.

I've tried reloading the game, I've tried changing how it handles double values(tried em all on both settings panels) but this seems to have no impact on the issue at all.
FYI:
I have read the general troubleshooting thread, I have found no related issue in there.
I OWN the game, If need be I can show a picture of the games box.
My PC is up to snuff: I either play on a GTX 1050 I7-7700HQ 16GB RAM
OR A GTX 1070 I7-6700HQ 16GB RAM).
I Have also ripped the disk a couple of times, just to make sure no issue occurred there to cause the wall issue.
If need be I can upload a video displaying the issue in detail, please request that if you need it to aid me better Wink

P.S.
I am sort of desperate about this and hope someone here knows a magic trick to make the issues vanish Wink
If not I will probably be forced to buy a new used ps2 :/
My old one lacks a cable by now (had to borrow one from a buddy to extract the bios from mine) :s

Sponsored links

what is you pcsx2 version ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Version 1.5.0-dev-2212-g96b412ebb

not sure if the part in the end matters
it's the latest automated build
care to give latest stable version a try instead ?
Are you using OpenGL? Do you use blending? Maybe try if one of the Hw hacks fixes the issue.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(11-13-2017, 05:06 PM)NotAvailable Wrote: Version 1.5.0-dev-2212-g96b412ebb

not sure if the part in the end matters
it's the latest automated build

There's some options on the automated build that make a big difference for other games, I'll try the latest stable version for just this game though.

I'll keep you posted.

Regarding OpenGL:
I'm using Direct3D 11(Hardware) Since I read Direct3D performs better than OpenGL
CRC Hack Level: Full(Direct3D Recommended)

Advanced settings & Hacks:
Fast Texture Invalidation
Preload Frame Data
Unscale Point & Line
Alpha
Alpha Stencil

All the rest in that panel is turned off/left alone

Not sure where I might find those blending settings
Try OpenGL, it's far more accurate. I have the Japanese version of this game and haven't come across any invisible walls, though I haven't played it that much so they *might* be there somewhere.
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
Jesalvein:
I Tried the latest stable version(1.4) the issue still remains.
Here's two links to two short videos displaying the issue.
Me Crashing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIIbQumfXyU
NPC's Crashing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjGg0Da37iU

Will try OpenGL instead of Direct3D tomorrow, it's getting late Wink
I can confirm the bug, couldn't find a setting that fixes it.  :/
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
one of you could please give a try with older versions because it's reported as playable on 1.1.0.
It could be a regression