Having a problem w/ using a ripped iso
Downloaded the newest version of PCSX, and the EFP plugin. I went out and bought Fire Pro Returns yesterday, and would prefer to just use an iso rather than the disc. If I use the disc, the game works perfectly fine. But, when I try to rip the game to disc via the EFP plugin, 2 things seem wrong. 1) The iso rips VERY slow, where as in the past I've done this and I know it was much faster. And 2) When I try to run the iso, it just crashes pcsx. I've tried ripping it twice and this happens both times. Again in the past I've used iso's without a problem. What am I not doing, or doing incorrectly? Thank you.

Sponsored links

well if that games is a dvd then obviously it would take longer to be ripped (even more if it's a drive that doesn't have fast reading speeds), and you could try mounting the iso and running it with cdvdgigahertz or peops. Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Ok, first set the the cdvd plugin to linuz. Then try to use your iso with that.
If the format is incompatible, then redo the iso using imgburn (or any other convenient iso tool Tongue2 ).
ripping a DVD format takes time depends of the DVD drive speeds x8,x16,x32 or so on..
and it's a large file e.g. FFX 4.19GB at least doing this only once
before i load it on Linu-ISO 0.8.0

Sample:
in 3:56???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShJ-wiFN6wA
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
offtopic: i think you should update that video to be version 0.9.6 Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(03-29-2009, 06:52 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: offtopic: i think you should update that video to be version 0.9.6 Smile
it's also works on 0.9.6 (including the latest betas) on using the EFP CDVD driver(Iso creation menu)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel