Having fps slowdown in god of war when alot going on screen
My specs
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3101 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Ram 6gb
NVIDIA GeForce GT 545

Would my video card need an upgrade? Im looking into getting a nvidia card just not sure which one yet.

Sponsored links

Yeah, you could use an upgrade. Which one to get depends on your budget, really. If I were to get an upgrade now I'd look into the GTX 760, but it's ~$250.
What is the EE and GS% during the slowdowns, while in native resolution? Also, what are your GSdx plugin settings?

Quote: Yeah, you could use an upgrade. Which one to get depends on your budget, really. If I were to get an upgrade now I'd look into the GTX 760, but it's ~$250.
While this system is not superior, it's still decent, roughly at the same bench (FFX-2 PCSX2 bench) as my FX4300 at my current clockspeed. Perhaps there is something we can do for the OP while breaking the bank...yet Smile
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Good to know all i really need is a video card Smile. Im thinking a budget of 100-150 maybe but if i really need something more it it going to wait till christmas lol. Out of frustration i deleted the emulator. Though i am going to give it another try later tonight my ee was 90 to 100 while the gs was low . All the setting were at default and i was going from gsdx 9 to 10 and yes native rez.
Then your cpu was the problem then. It really wasn't necessary to delete the emulator. Your video card was fine. Not great, but ok for the job. If/when you do try pcsx2 again, try the mtvu hack, make sure you are in hardware mode, and experiment with EE timing and VU cycle stealing hack.

Also a good reason why the k version of Intel cpu's are the only ones worth buying. Intel policies of locking all their cpu's except the most expensive one is garbage.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Thanks for the info i just hit the mtvu button and my ee went from 95-100 to 50-70. I also have the vu stealing to 2 and and ee cyclerate to 3 and now my fps is a constant 50-60 frames.