Having issues starting God of War
Hello all,

Just downloaded PCSX2 yesterday, and because I'm not all that computer savvy it took me a while. I finally figured out how to get the BIOS and got the game I had been dying to play (GoW), and it takes me another hour to figure out how to load it as an ISO. Finally I boot up the game, and success! It had been too long since I had seen the old PS2 intro screen. But, as the game loaded, it stopped at the "Sony computer entertainment America presents...." and it won't load anywhere beyond that. I tried running a different game and that worked fine, but I still can't get GoW to work properly. Help?

Sponsored links

Did you create the ISO image with imgburn? God of War is a dual layer DVD so you need a program like imgburn to create a proper iso image
[Image: newsig.jpg]
It took you ONE day to figure out how to obtain the BIOS?
That must be a record (unless you downloaded it). Glare
pgert we don't like flaming here, especially for no reason. You'll get a warning next time for both flaming and witch hunting
(10-18-2012, 10:11 AM)Bositman Wrote: Did you create the ISO image with imgburn? God of War is a dual layer DVD so you need a program like imgburn to create a proper iso image

No, I didn't. All I did was go to some website for the game, downloaded it (which took like 3 hours, mind) and placed it into the 'browse' section when it asks for an ISO. I'll try getting imgburn though, thanks.

Update: Just tired it. I got imgburn and used it to convert the game into an ISO file, but I get an error message when I try to open it (and it doesn't show up in compatible ISO's in the browse section, even though the file is saved as an ISO).
see:-

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-PC...-Questions

and

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Co...tion-Guide

they teach u how to configure pcsx2
Quote:downloaded it (which took like 3 hours, mind)

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.