Having problems booting from DVD
Dear Sirs,

I have problems booting a PS2 DVD from my CD-drive using gigahertz's plugin on 0.97 Beta. Everytimes I try to boot by using either the "Boot CDDVD (full)"or "Boot CDDVD (fast)" options (with the CDDVD setting to "Plugin"), the whole program crashes. I am able to enter the BIOS menu with "No Disc" option selected though.

My specs are as follows
Processor: Intel 2600 i7
G.Card: Radeon 6950
Direct X: 11
DVD Drive: Samsung 22X SpeedPlus™ Serial ATA LightScribe Internal DVD Writer

I am ISOs work fine, the games work on my settings. Therefore, I believe this to be a problem of CDDVD Plugin...Anyu help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

**EDIT**
*gigahertz is only design to run a actual game disk if you really run via an game disc double-check your gigahertz config's-->source drive.
*so if you're running an ISO try using Linuz-ISO or CDVDolio.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(02-09-2011, 11:04 AM)tallbender Wrote: **EDIT**
*gigahertz is only design to run a actual game disk if you really run via an game disc double-check your gigahertz config's-->source drive.
*so if you're running an ISO try using Linuz-ISO or CDVDolio.

You can also use gigahertz for images but you must first mount it with some program(daemon tools for example)...but this method is pointless because use you can use iso plugin or the build in iso reader.

Rainrir are you sure that gigahertz is set to load from the correct device?
What the console say when pcsx2 crash?
**Corrected**
(02-09-2011, 11:14 AM)vsub Wrote: tallbender are you sure that gigahertz is set to load from the correct device?
What the console say when pcsx2 crash?

i think you're taking to Rainir about his problem on gigahertz crushes.
well Rainir whats the console window says during the crush.

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(02-09-2011, 11:20 AM)tallbender Wrote: i think you're taking to Rainir about his problem on gigahertz crushes.
Yes,I copied the wrong name
Yes. I have a disc on in my disk drive (Drive E), the disc was burned though (it was from some time back). I also configured CDDVD it to be detecting Drive E. I can run imagines just fine, as I said. The issue is "CDDVD failed to open. Your computer my have insufficient resources or incompetible hardware/drivers . Press Ok to go to plugin configuration panel"

On the bakground logs, I see "Error opening Source" and "Thread EE Core"
(02-09-2011, 10:35 AM)Rainrir Wrote: Dear Sirs,

I have problems booting a PS2 DVD from my CD-drive using gigahertz's plugin on 0.97 Beta. Everytimes I try to boot by using either the "Boot CDDVD (full)"or "Boot CDDVD (fast)" options (with the CDDVD setting to "Plugin"), the whole program crashes. I am able to enter the BIOS menu with "No Disc" option selected though.

My specs are as follows
Processor: Intel 2600 i7
G.Card: Radeon 6950
Direct X: 11
DVD Drive: Samsung 22X SpeedPlus™ Serial ATA LightScribe Internal DVD Writer

I am ISOs work fine, the games work on my settings. Therefore, I believe this to be a problem of CDDVD Plugin...Anyu help would be appreciated.

Why don't you dismount image,and than use PCSX2 built in ISO reader.
(02-09-2011, 12:23 PM)Game Wrote: Why don't you dismount image,and than use PCSX2 built in ISO reader.

I can use ISOs, but I am worried about disc changing for some games. This is why I wanna make the "play from physical DVD option" work. I am not sure what you mean by dismounting images...
Just a guess(because something similar happen to me before)
Try closing pcsx2,press Ctrl+Alt+Delete(Task Manager)and check in processes if pcsx2 is still there.
If it is,kill the process and try again.