Having problems but shouldn't.
What's up y'all. I'm having some trouble with games that I don't think I should with my configuration. Here are my system specs:
i7 960 at 3.6 ghz
nVidia 580m GTX stock
12 gig trip channel at 1600 mhz
and yes, this is a laptop. It's a x7200, the beast, if you will.

Now, I can't tell if it's an emulator lag issue or if my config settings are not optimized but I really don't know where to start on the optimization. I do have the speed hacks enabled. I think the real test will be for Gran Turismo 4, I'm currently ripping it from my disc as I type. I know my system can do that game at full 1080p but I have Soul Calibur 3 and We Love Katamari and they both lag at certain parts of the game, when I'm actually playing. Katamari may just be the large amounts of objects on the screen, unfortunately, but Soul Calibur stumps me.

Sponsored links

SC3 uses a fair amount of geometry, which can slow things down.

the 960 is supposed to be 3.2Ghz, you aren't overclocking are you? a 960 is already hot enough on desktop playforms with third party coolers....
You need to use an older GSdx in order to get any kind of playable speeds on SC3, try the one included in the 0.9.8 release. I can't find an i7 960 for mobile processors, mind posting the exact model and stock frequency it runs at? (without turbo boost etc)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-21-2011, 12:28 AM)Bositman Wrote: You need to use an older GSdx in order to get any kind of playable speeds on SC3, try the one included in the 0.9.8 release. I can't find an i7 960 for mobile processors, mind posting the exact model and stock frequency it runs at? (without turbo boost etc)

It's not mobile. It's a desktop proc. The stock i7 960 runs at 3.2 ghz. I have a special laptop. It's massive with a desktop proc three ram slots sli graphics and four hard drives. It can handle any pc game on the market at ultra at 1080p at the cost of weight and size. huge almost 2 inches thick and at 13.1 pounds excluding two three pound power bricks, it's more of a mobile desktop with a folding screen. I'm using 0.9.8 but I'll double check which GS I'm running.

Yeah...I do overclock it...I haven't noticed any temps out of the ordinary on my machine yet though. I oc in both windows 7 and my linux distro with no problems yet. In linux I do a lot of penetration testing so it's at 100% usage all the time, same with all the CUDA cores on my 580m. Nothing too hot to worry about yet.

PS: Bositman, Very nice image in your sig. For being someone of no visual artistic ability either freehand or with computer aid, I'm thoroughly impressed. It's a static image right? I think it might give the impression that it is moving. So freakin' cool.