Having problems running PS2 games.
I don't experience graphical issues in most games, but if It's not my graphics messing up it's the audio being slowed down or cut up or it's the gameplay itself slowing down as if it was in slow motion, it will jump back up into regular frames and do it again. Happens every 10 seconds or so. Would love to just know what settings are best for my system. Thanks.

Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 1050ti

64 bit operating system

I posted a screenshot of my specs but it's not showing up... here's a link https://gyazo.com/314c8ed5a9d0bd5588bf1d5d4c6b0b8d

Sponsored links

The laptop is good enough to play almost anything without problems.
What are your pcsx2 and GSdx settings.
Are you running pcsx2 on battery
Are you sure you are using your nvidia card,not the intel one(when you run any game you can see in the console what is used)
nVidia experience(if you have it enabled have one option to limit the power and another the fps)
What power plan are you using
(05-06-2019, 05:49 PM)vsub Wrote: The laptop is good enough to play almost anything without problems.
What are your pcsx2 and GSdx settings.
Are you running pcsx2 on battery
Are you sure you are using your nvidia card,not the intel one(when you run any game you can see in the console what is used)
nVidia experience(if you have it enabled have one option to limit the power and another the fps)
What power plan are you using

For my emulation settings I set the preset to -2 Safer, I believe it was -3 at the start, I was experiencing slow motion in a game and started messing with the settings, then later changed it back to a safer preset because the problems kept happening.

For my GSdx settings, here is a screenshot, I change the renderer from time to time because I was told that you should change it depending what game you're playing.      https://gyazo.com/0e3b5fb104ed33ea2f6f2c36457ef8cd

I always run my games with my laptop plugged in, I know how drastically the performance can drop without it being plugged in, my power plan is high performance

I will downlaod nvidia experience now as well
If you don't have nv experience,you don't need to install it(there are settings there enabled by default that can reduce the performance,that's why I mention it)
For nvidia card,better use OpenGL and just as a start(to figure out what's wrong),close pcsx2 and go to
Documents\PCSX2\inis - if you are using the installer
PCSX2.exe directory\inis - if you are using the portable version

and delete the GSdx.ini file
Run PCSX2 and set GSdx to use OpenGL,don't change anything else

Are you playing from image or the disk
You can also try the beta(it's a portable version,just extract it in a folder(on the desktop for example),configure everything and try running a game)
What games did you tried(there are few games that you can't play at full speed)