Having some issues with Metal Gear Solid 2
Still doing it with MTVU enabled, if anything it’s slightly worse dropping down to as low as 42% in the cutscene on the Big Shell roof

I’m using the latest GIT build with OpenGL (hardware), automatic Interlacing, Bilinear (PS2) Texture Filtering, Allow 8-bit textures checked and Align Sprite in HW hacks checked.

Everything else is default except I now have MTVU enabled

Gameplay wise it plays perfectly on native, x2 and even x3

It’s just the cutscenes that have these massive frame/speed drops and as I said it’s mainly when the camera is panned out or there are a lot of characters on screen such as just before the final boss.

I’m not having any issues with Silent Hill 2 now so no need to worry about that, just need to fix the slowdown in the MGS2 cutscenes

Sponsored links

can you check your windows power plan is set to performance mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Is that just in control panel>hardware and sound>power options>create a power plan?

That’s currently set to Balanced (recommended)

I changed it to high performance but still no difference
What actually bugs me is this :
jesalvein Wrote:What do the ee% and gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
You Wrote:It drops down to about 70%
That shouldn't "drop down".
Do both ee℅ and GS℅ drop ? Or only one of them ? If so, which one ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Are they the numbers at the top of the active window? If so then yes, they both drop down. The percentage drops to around 42% during the Big Shell explanation for a few seconds before returning to normal when Raiden starts to speak.
Sorry if I'm bringing this back up but was this ever resolved?
Hard to say, most people open a thread, get the help and then never bother to let us know if it worked or not.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
Apologies I’ve been a way for a while. No I was never able to resolve it and I’m still having the issue