Having trouble binding my dualshock4 analog sticks
I have scoured the forums and cannot find an answer to my issue. 

I am new to PCSX2 and am using DS4 Windows with it as well (hide controller is ticked), as my PS4 controller wasn’t working without DS4 running. I have everything binded properly in DS4 and have used it with Duckstation without issue, for some context. 

I wasn’t able to find my DS4 as an option input device in the config settings of PCSX2 so I used Direct Input (disabled xinput since I don’t need it based on the description), and made sure everything was recognized when double-clicking “Wireless Controller” at the bottom of config settings in the list of input devices. 

I then proceeded to bind everything to Pad 1, and set Pad 2 to “unplugged.” I unchecked all the boxes to the left (such as Multi-tap). Then I went to Pad 1 to bind everything. I had no problem until I reached my analog sticks. For whatever reason, PCSX2 doesn’t detect my analog motion when I tried to bind (had no issue binding L3 or R3, though). I also tried making it work without DS4 Windows to no avail. I also tried launching PCSX2 via steam in Big Picture Mode (this is what I do for GOG) and that didn’t work whatsoever, as in, none of the buttons worked. 

I’m at a total loss. I am not sure why PCSX2 isn’t detecting analog motion of my DualShock4 and unsure what to do now. I’ve been working on it for hours with no luck. I’m trying to play FatalFrame 1 and honestly about to just play with a keyboard and mouse but thought I’d come here and see if anyone could help me first. I’m sure I’m probably missing something obvious, given that I’m a total noob, but whatever it is is unclear to me even after watching videos on YT and reading thru tons of threads on this forum. 

Thank you in advance!

Sponsored links

unbind everything, untick dinput, tick xinput, rebind all keys, and try again
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-24-2021, 10:05 PM)jesalvein Wrote: unbind everything, untick dinput, tick xinput, rebind all keys, and try again

Just tried it. Unfortunately, no such luck. None of my inputs register when I tried this and under Device Diagnostics, my controller isn’t listed as an option like it was when I had DirectInput ticked. Let me know if you need more details from me. Thank you so far.
Ds4windows is supposed to wrap your ds4 entries and output them to Xinput ones.
Something is wrong with ds4windows. Better use steam IMO
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-25-2021, 12:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Ds4windows is supposed to wrap your ds4 entries and output them to Xinput ones.

It’s possible I accidentally messed something up for sure. I just played SH1 without issue on Duckstation and SH4 on GOG via steam but it could still be possible. I am going to re-watch the videos I previously watched to set these things up and try again. Thank you for your advice!
(10-25-2021, 12:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Ds4windows is supposed to wrap your ds4 entries and output them to Xinput ones.

I figured it out from you saying ds4windows is supposed to output them as Xinput ones. I did not have the default controller set to Xbox360 within DS4windows, I had the default as DS4 controller. Everything is working now. Thank you so much.