Having trouble booting from DVD
I have a sony VPCEC (I don't know how to find specifics) and on the beta and .9.6 I can't figure out how to boot from DVD properly. .9.6 just says "ROM NOT FOUND" and I can't even tell how to do it from .9.7.

Sorry for the silly question but I've tried google and can't find any answers.
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM

Sponsored links

What plugin do you use?
Try using gigahertz unless you are using it already. And on 9.7 you have to make sure you tick plugin under CDVD menu. You can also try making an iso of you disc and use an iso plugin like linuz or the iso loader of 9.7.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
What's a Sony VPCEC? Use 0.9.7 beta with CDVD set to "plugin" , then Config->Plugin/BIOS selector->On CDVD choose Gigaherz CDVD->Configure it and choose your proper DVDrom drive letter and finally System->Boot CD/DVD (fast)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I'm using gigahertz and plugin is ticked =\

I think it's not recognized because when I configure gigahertz it says "@ no disk"

How would I make an iso? I tried magic dvd ripper but that didn't recognize it.
I'll try a different disk path.
Ah excellent! It's that I had the wrong drive. Sorry for such a nooby question but I really appreciate the help, I've been trying to figure this out with google and other sources for a few days lol

Anyways, thanks a ton.
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
Try using imgburn to make an iso of your disc. for gigahertz you have to click "@ no disk" and select the proper drive letter.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
^
^
^
as gamergeek said make an ISO via ImgBurn and use Linuz-ISO or CDVDolio plug-in to equip your ISO instead of gigahertz

(10-07-2010, 09:58 AM)Bositman Wrote: What's a Sony VPCEC?

sony VPCEC = sony VAIO
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
If other programs are having trouble reading the drive there must be something else wrong. Check the disc in another computer and/or try a different disc in your drive then see if imgburn can read them properly.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64