Heavy Controller Delay
Hello guys,

I have used pcsx2 for quite a while now and already played Tales of the Abyss and Mana Khemia 2 for quite a while, but for some reason a problem came up, just when i upgraded my old 0.9.6 version. I'm pretty sure that problem was there before but i dosen't seemed to have an impact on my gaming experience, until now.

So the new game i tried was Space Channel 5, a dance-rythm game with required perfect working controller of course.

I have used both the LilyPad and SSSPSX plugins, but both have the same problem; heavy delay on all keys, especially when hitting faster.

I made a screenshot, on which i try to describe the problem:

[Image: testwdy.jpg]

First of all, my keybindings work! I can hit the buttons, however there is a strange delay, especially when hitting faster.

So what i did was tapping the buttons fast, lets say 4 times a second. The Windows Screen was exactly visualizing every tap, no matter what i tapped and how fast i was. The Plugin however started to "lag". It only showed 1 slow tap for one second.

Let me try to decribe it a bit better:

Controller - Windows - Plugin

Tap --- Tap --- 1.000
Tap --- Tap --- "
Tap --- Tap --- "
Tap --- Tap --- 0.000
Tap --- Tap --- "
Tap --- Tap --- "
Tap --- Tap --- 1.000
Tap --- Tap --- "
Tap --- Tap --- "
Tap --- Tap --- 0.000

I hope someone might be able to understand this

Sponsored links

Are you getting full speed in the game? Because input lag can and will be caused by not getting full speed
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I have 60 FPS throughout the game, also this is before even starting the game. The reason why i explained all here was because i'm certain this has nothing to do with the game itself. I think the emulator does something wrong, since already the "test device" function is having this delay, without having even touched a game.
Hmm tried setting Lilypad to DirectInput? What controller are you using? Have you installed any drivers for it?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The Controller is a normal PS1 controller and i use a regular converter, yes there is a driver but it's not needed, i know that the controller works fine for other emulators except this one. I tried every setting and every device (keyboard, mouse) everything is giving the same delay.