Heavy FPS drops and slowdowns
So I've been trying to emulate Ratchet and Clank for the PS2 and I have these really annoying frame drops and slowdowns whenever I point my camera towards an area with a lot of enemies or a lot of vehicles moving, etc. I would say my PC is powerful enough to run this game. I'm also using the latest development build. My PC specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K (pretty good right)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB VRAM (not the best but it gets the job done)
MOBO: Asus Z97-A
8GB RAM

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Moreover,
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
that game is highly dependent
try this settings as attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(12-08-2017, 02:22 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Moreover,
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
The version I'm using is v1.5.0-dev-2234-g7a71b6f3d;
On the GSdx, I'm using DirectX 11. I'm using basic mipmapping, a custom 1920x1080 resolution (it makes no difference if I go to native it still lags) and I have large frame buffer on. On the audio plugin, I'm using linear and the rest default.
On the GS Window tab I'm using 16:9 Widescreen.
I'm trying to play Ratchet and Clank with an ISO I downloaded from *snip*.
Quote:I'm trying to play Ratchet and Clank with an ISO I downloaded from *snip*.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go