Heavy slowdown
Hello,

I tried to play "187: Ride or die" , everything went smoothly the first 10 missions and after that I started to get heavy slowdown , as if the game went to slowmotion for 3-4sec in "hectic" moments (or maybe it is just heavy fps loss i'm not sure , it really looks like slowmotion or small freezes , even the sound get slow)

I just started using pcsx2 so I might have wrong settings or something like that ?

I'm using pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2552
My computer is running w7 64bit with i5-4570 3.20ghz and Gtx 1060

Is there any tips or settings to avoid this kind of issue ?

Thanks Happy

Sponsored links

What's your EE/GS % when the slowdowns happen?
I just tested and looks like I got EE:45-50%~ / GS:20-30%~ (while getting slowdown)
Seems like I fixed the problem by switching from OpenGL to D3D11 Smile
You really should stay on OpenGL. Switch back to it and turn down your Resolution/Blending Accuracy and enable 8-Bit Textures.
If people want to use D3D let them, saying stay on OGL isn't really a solution though.
(09-12-2018, 09:06 PM)CK1 Wrote: You really should stay on OpenGL. Switch back to it and turn down your Resolution/Blending Accuracy and enable 8-Bit Textures.

Thank you for you reply but what makes D3D11 so bad compared to OpenGL ?
Future improvements
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
OpenGL gets updated the most often, and sometimes those updates get filtered down to DirectX 11. So usually OpenGL is more accurate and has less issues in games. But really in the end if a game works fine (or fine enough for you) in directX 11 then there ia no issue in using it... just keep in mind the first advice you will get if you run into graphical problems is try OpenGL then, since it will fix a lot of issues directX will have.
(09-13-2018, 01:52 AM)TkSilver Wrote: OpenGL gets updated the most often, and sometimes those updates get filtered down to DirectX 11.  So usually OpenGL is more accurate and has less issues in games.  But really in the end if a game works fine (or fine enough for you) in directX 11 then there ia no issue in using it... just keep in mind the first advice you will get if you run into graphical problems is try OpenGL then, since it will fix a lot of issues directX will have.

Tyvm for these explainations