Hello. Noob here.
Look, you have an integrated gpu, it's too weak to display the game at full speed. When you turn on the menu, you see the menu not the game, and it's not really drawn in the background, that's why you can get more speed in it. Nothing else happens there, and there is no magical fix that'll allow you to play the game at same speed as you have the menu couse your hardware reaches it's limits.

Sponsored links

So my only plan is to buy a better laptop.
I could live with that.
Im thinking of buying an asus, or an i5 processor laptop with a decent graphics card so i can play these ps2 games in peace -.-
Ehm Miseru no offense buddy, but u can't really call the 5770 in his laptop an IGP, even though they're embedded on the mainboard heh. They mostly have dedicated memory, so u could say it's a fullblown GFX, only it runs on a slower speed, mainly to save batterypower. But yeah only biggest downside with laptops with AMDs their cpu's are truely slow like, ***** through a funnel. But then again u can't win them all can u?? Wink
You got confused there. Yerik has a Radeon HD 4200 while addisonswim is the one with the 5770
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Woops my bad ^^ xD
Problem with laptops is they can be very expensive, however building a desktop would be the better option, cheaper and can perform better.
Laptops can be 1000$ and a desktop could be 500$ and perform better. I build computers at the age of 13, I am a ex Toms Hardware guy.
True, but if you're more outside then inside a laptop is a necessity Smile
(02-16-2012, 03:19 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: True, but if you're more outside then inside a laptop is a necessity Smile

Yes, but I wouldn't spend like 1,000$ to play one thing. Rather off just buying a PS2 slim, they have built in power supples now and looks much better for 99$ (I live in Delaware so we have no sales tax...)
to be honest, I can afford to build a high end laptop.

I already ordered the best gear i could to build a desktop, costing me about $1200.

I just wanted to play this (and related) game(s) on my laptop so i could play it at my college break. Twice a week, I have a 4 hour break, and there's no point of driving home, so might as well just play ps2.

I also need a new desktop (because my last computer fried with 16,000 power on hours on it), and a new laptop, because my AMD processor is *****.
(02-17-2012, 03:58 AM)Yerik Wrote: to be honest, I can afford to build a high end laptop.

I already ordered the best gear i could to build a desktop, costing me about $1200.

I just wanted to play this (and related) game(s) on my laptop so i could play it at my college break. Twice a week, I have a 4 hour break, and there's no point of driving home, so might as well just play ps2.

I also need a new desktop (because my last computer fried with 16,000 power on hours on it), and a new laptop, because my AMD processor is *****.

So your building a desktop? If so good choice.