Hello everybody!! Have an ISO query.
I'm new here please don't ban me. Is it possible to play iso in my pc's hard disk? If not what is a the best alternative in making an ps2 game iso. Because LCISO Creator keep Saying "redunduncy check error" if try to make an iso out of my game. I can play the game fine with pcsx2 thou, with the usual lag then and there, you know!

Thank's in advance.

Before I forget.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Sponsored links

Try ImgBurn, chances are you're gonna get the same error thou.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-08-2009, 08:50 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try ImgBurn, chances are you're gonna get the same error thou.

Thank's I'll try that. So I guess playing Iso on my pc hard disk out of the question. Dang!
You might be able to circumvent the redundancy check error message, but if you can't then you will most likely get the same error message in all burner applications you try with.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cyclic...dancy.html Wrote:For CDs and DVDs, the problem is a little different. Normally, when CD/DVD drives get a CRC message from a disc, they try to read the disc again - hence the grinding sound. After several failed attempts, they give up and display the redundancy check error. The problem can be hardware (loose cables, failing drive), software or damaged media. In most cases checking and cleaning the disc is the easiest way to overcome the problem. If different clean discs produce the same error, it is likely to be a hardware issue (check the discs in another drive). Another common cause of these errors is poorly burnt CDs and DVDs - especially those that had numerous or severe buffer underuns. USB burners suffer from this problem when the burn speed is too high (generally above 4X-8X)

If the discs are damaged, you'll probably need a recovery tool to get back your data. CDCheck 3 will work for CDs and DVDs. First it will check the media, and then you have the option to recover the files. It's free for personal use and has saved many people heartache when it comes to recovering lost digital images and videos from damaged CDs.
How do I circumvent the redundancy check error, I definitely have no Idea how to do that. And I'll try the cdcheck 3 you mention, hoping for the best. ImgBurn gave me the same message, might give up on playing iso if my disk is busted thou.

Thanks so much for the help, I really appreciate it.
Well you could try reading the disc from another computer maybe you'll have more luck there and just copy the iso file.
I already tried it with other computers, and it always have the same outcome. Ive read about a linuz plugin, which let read iso from the hard drive, but don't know where to get it. Can anyone point me to where I could get it.

Thanks so much for the reply, its really nice in here.
be carefully ISO keyword is prohibited here. That's moderator's paranoia, sorry.
Asus P5Q Pro | C2D E8400 3GHz@4GHz + Noctua NH-C12P | 2x2Go Patriot Extreme PC-8500 | GeForce GTX 460@Stock 1Go GLH
(07-10-2009, 04:09 AM)julietaryu Wrote: I already tried it with other computers, and it always have the same outcome. Ive read about a linuz plugin, which let read iso from the hard drive, but don't know where to get it. Can anyone point me to where I could get it.

Thanks so much for the reply, its really nice in here.

Linuz Iso plugin comes with the PCSX2 0.9.6 package and you can select it from the CDVD plugin configuration, the problem is if no drive is able to read your disc then there's no much to do sorry :/

Maybe try cleaning the disc or simply play the game from the disc cant think of anything else to do.

(07-10-2009, 04:11 AM)bobaka Wrote: be carefully ISO keyword is prohibited here. That's moderator's paranoia, sorry.

eh? ISO is perfectly fine we actually encourage people to play their games from an ISO, the problem is when someone is using a ISO illegally
Did you make sure that the disc is clean and not scratched yet? That's the first thing you should do seeing as that's the most common problem, and seeing as you tried it in other computers, it's almost a guarantee that it's not a hardware problem so the disc is probably damaged. One more thing to check, is that the sticker on the front of the disc isn't scratched, because not many people realize it but the data on CDs and DVDs is stored on that sticker or film, whatever it's called... So basically, if the top is scratched, it's impossible to repair the disc.
If it does have scratches though, your best bet is to take the disc to your nearest video rental store, or any other place that offers to repair scratches. It may not be free, but is most often incredibly cheap.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB