Hello everyone !
Hi ! First of all, I just registered here, because when I see a program that has a whole community behind like this one, makes me wanna participate =)
I think computers are the best way of keeping our old games alive, and we couldn't do it without developers working a lot to make Emulators.
I think they deserve our admiration and, if possible, our help.
I just DL PCSX2 to play "Final Fantasy X", an old game I played a time ago, and now I can't because I no longer have a PS2.
I still didn't try playing it, but I'd like to know your opinion if I'll be able to play it.

CPU: 1 core at 2.7 GHz
FSB: 240 MHz
RAM: 1 GB at around 1000 MHz.
SO: Windows XP Home Edition 32 bits.
GC: nVIDIA 6100 64-256 MB RAM system, with 450 MHz of core (around that).

My computer is free of viruses, registry errors or fragmented files. Think I can play FFX at a decent speed without having to sacrifice too much quality ?
I'm gonna play at a resolution of 640x480 pixels windowed.

Well, since now, thanks for the comments.
I'll keep looking the forum and when I finish downloading FFX I'll tell ya how it goes =)

Sponsored links

You seem to have a very slow computer for PS2 emulation and there's not much you can do about it. For now I can suggest you enable the "native" option in GSdx grpahics plugin and try some speedhacks but really the only thing you may be able to do to get it working fine is to get a new PC.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks for the answer and sorry if you moved the thread here because of my question about my pc... It wasn't really my intention to break rules, I was just introducing myself.
Games like Chrono Cross or FF9 of PS1 run in my computer at 100% speed at high graphics, and games from Nintendo Game Cube run at a slow rate of around 10 FPS. Thought I could play FFX at least at around 30 FPS. I read the guides for configuring pcsx2, I'll try using the recommended speedhacks only and see the results. After posting I also readed the thread about system requirements, but I don't know, I'll try and tell my experience =)
Thanks again !
(01-20-2011, 09:00 AM)bboyfarii Wrote: Thanks for the answer and sorry if you moved the thread here because of my question about my pc... It wasn't really my intention to break rules, I was just introducing myself.
Games like Chrono Cross or FF9 of PS1 run in my computer at 100% speed at high graphics, and games from Nintendo Game Cube run at a slow rate of around 10 FPS. Thought I could play FFX at least at around 30 FPS. I read the guides for configuring pcsx2, I'll try using the recommended speedhacks only and see the results. After posting I also readed the thread about system requirements, but I don't know, I'll try and tell my experience =)
Thanks again !

Unfortunately, the PS1 was released 6 years before the PS2, and thus had far weaker hardware, which is why you are able to run PS1 games fine, but not PS2. Equally, the Gamecube was released at the same time as the PS2 and is similarly demanding.

Speedhacks can be used to try and get more speed out of the system, but these are going to come with losses, either graphically or stability, since its trying to do things that you shouldn't really be doing. In short, unfortunately as mentioned, there's not much you can do with your current PC.

(01-20-2011, 05:57 AM)bboyfarii Wrote: I just DL PCSX2 to play "Final Fantasy X", an old game I played a time ago, and now I can't because I no longer have a PS2.

(01-20-2011, 05:57 AM)bboyfarii Wrote: I'll keep looking the forum and when I finish downloading FFX I'll tell ya how it goes =)

look you seem a nice person, but im afraid I cant just let this slide. Im afraid, to use the emulator you must own a PS2 (actually in your posession) as the BIOS program from the console itself is required. Without owning this you cannot use the emulator legally, which we do not tollerate.

Secondly downloading games is piracy, yet another thing we do not tollerate.

I suggest you have a read of our rules (at the top of every single forum) and possibly pick yourself up a cheap PS2 and a copy of FFX from ebay or something, then return, we will be happy to help once these criteria are fulfilled Smile

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]