Help! DS3 to PCSX2 Issue...
Question 
EDIT: TL;DR - DS3 not working in PCSX2 just using SDL, set up DsHidMini and it works fine now. See video for details: https://youtu.be/gnC7cFKXpiw

Plugged my DS3 in via USB (original PS3 cable), Windows 10 recognised it and set it up okay. It shows up in PCSX2's Settings/Controllers/Global Settings/Detected Devices as SDL-0: PS3 Controller. Problem is that when I try to use it in game, nothing happens. Any ideas as to why?

Cheers.

PS: total newb to PCSX2. Managed to dump my own PS2 bios with Free McBoot, ripped my own game with Imgburn, downloaded the nightly, and both bios and game are showing up no problem. Just stumped by the DS3 not working issue.

Sponsored links

(04-16-2023, 05:52 PM)Revol Golana Wrote: Plugged my DS3 in via USB (original PS3 cable), Windows 10 recognised it and set it up okay. It shows up in PCSX2's Settings/Controllers/Global Settings/Detected Devices as SDL-0: PS3 Controller. Problem is that when I try to use it in game, nothing happens. Any ideas as to why?

Cheers.

PS: total newb to PCSX2. Managed to dump my own PS2 bios with Free McBoot, ripped my own game with Imgburn, downloaded the nightly, and both bios and game are showing up no problem. Just stumped by the DS3 not working issue.

did you automap ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-16-2023, 07:05 PM)jesalvein Wrote: did you automap ?

What is that?

Turns out I need a driver for the DS3, off to try that now...
don't do this. it will do more harm than good
SDL handles it natively
use only sdl api, and click automap. that should do it
[Image: 1681665024-controller.png]
(04-16-2023, 07:08 PM)jesalvein Wrote: don't do this. it will do more harm than good
SDL handles it natively

Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated.

(04-16-2023, 07:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: use only sdl api, and click automap. that should do it
[Image: 1681665024-controller.png]

The highlighted option was ticked by default, still didn't work. Can't see an option labelled "Automap"?

I think it might be because the controller wasn't charged, it's been sitting in the box for ages. Gonna give it full charge and try again.

EDIT: I can see the "Automatic Mapping" button now.
(04-16-2023, 07:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: use only sdl api, and click automap. that should do it

Recharged controller and tried again. Enable SDL Input Source is ticked, and I hit Automatic Mapping which changed all the mapping to SDL ones, but the controller is still not working in game.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: tried my DS4 and that's working fine. Will continue to troubleshoot the DS3 though...
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
(04-16-2023, 09:33 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Just checked the Logs folder and it's empty. I'm guessing it's because there is no problem with the emulator, and it's a DS3 related issue.
tools->enable file logging