Help Finishing Optimization
Hello, I've been trying the PCSX2 for the first time on my PC. I followed the extended guides on the official website, read a good chunk of forum threads and got to try a few of my games. The results are encouraging, with games going from 40 to 60, but I need some help further optimizing it, to get to consistent 60fps performance if possible. I'm looking for settings that can be consistently compatible with games, so I don't have to make too many adjustments between games, but if I have to I don't have a problem. I'm just looking for something future proof, if I try to come by more games. Here's all the information I could gather, if any more is needed please tell me:

System Specs:
Intel Core i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
4,00 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64 bits

Current Configurations:
Click here for an Imgur album with screenshots of my configurations that affect performance.
Note: I'm using version 1.6.0, downloaded at the official PCSX2 website.

Games tested:
  • Ice Age 2: The Meltdown (ISO) and Madagascar: Escape to Africa (also ISO) run perfectly. I tested Ice Age due to it having perfect performance according to the PCSX2 website. Both have tolerable amounts of slowdown but that's the kind of performance I'm looking for.

• Tekken 5 (ISO) ran at 40fps during matches, too slow. Menus, cutscenes and the opening minigame ran well at 60fps, however. I'm also looking to plat Tag Tournament (BIN) and 4, so advice on those is also appreciated, although I didn't do any tests.

• Crash Twinsanity (ISO) is expectedly the worst, running at 30fps. Adjusting to aggresive preset settings helped it get to 40, but still not good.

• Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (BIN) ran at 40-50fps. Cutscenes and menus at 60fps.

• All games tested were NTSC-US.

Sponsored links

(07-05-2021, 11:19 AM)Crash10 Wrote: Hello, I've been trying the PCSX2 for the first time on my PC. I followed the extended guides on the official website, read a good chunk of forum threads and got to try a few of my games. The results are encouraging, with games going from 40 to 60, but I need some help further optimizing it, to get to consistent 60fps performance if possible. I'm looking for settings that can be consistently compatible with games, so I don't have to make too many adjustments between games, but if I have to I don't have a problem. I'm just looking for something future proof, if I try to come by more games. Here's all the information I could gather, if any more is needed please tell me:

System Specs:
Intel Core i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
4,00 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64 bits

Current Configurations:
Click here for an Imgur album with screenshots of my configurations that affect performance.
Note: I'm using version 1.6.0, downloaded at the official PCSX2 website.

Games tested:
  • Ice Age 2: The Meltdown (ISO) and Madagascar: Escape to Africa (also ISO) run perfectly. I tested Ice Age due to it having perfect performance according to the PCSX2 website. Both have tolerable amounts of slowdown but that's the kind of performance I'm looking for.

• Tekken 5 (ISO) ran at 40fps during matches, too slow. Menus, cutscenes and the opening minigame ran well at 60fps, however. I'm also looking to plat Tag Tournament (BIN) and 4, so advice on those is also appreciated, although I didn't do any tests.

• Crash Twinsanity (ISO) is expectedly the worst, running at 30fps. Adjusting to aggresive preset settings helped it get to 40, but still not good.

• Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (BIN) ran at 40-50fps. Cutscenes and menus at 60fps.

• All games tested were NTSC-US.
not much you can do with a machine that is clearly sub-par (STR=1341 where we recommend at least 1600 + weak integrated GPU)
you can still make sure you aren't running on batteries + set windows power plan to performance mode, but my best advice would be to keep playin on your real PS2 for now, until you can afford a decent machine.

FTR, dumping your DVDs into cue/bin isn't worth the effort. it's really useful with CDs that actually contain raw soundtracks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go