Help! God of War 2 Saving issues (Physical Copy SCUS97481)
My specs are more than decent for running PCSX2 (1.2.1), and a large amount of my games work perfectly with my current configuration (3.7Ghz processor, GTX780, 16G of RAM running at 1920X1080), but, I am having issues with God of War 2, specifically, the 2 disc set.

It took a bit of tweaking to get the game to switch properly from the opening cinematic with the Colossus to the actual gameplay(multiple speedhacks to get the game to a decent framerate), but when I attempt to save, the game simply seizes as soon as I press the command to save. This leaves the Spartan logo, all alone without text. The game is completely frozen, leaving me with only the option to shut down the emulator with Task Manager, leaving the data unsaved. What kind of tweaks must I make in order for the game to save properly?

Sponsored links

tried disabling all speedhacks ?
can you please post an emulog after you got the freeze ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-05-2014, 07:04 AM)jesalvein Wrote: tried disabling all speedhacks ?
can you please post an emulog after you got the freeze ?

Ill give it a try, hold on, ill stuff the info onto the next reply...
Ok, here are the chronicles of me fumbling around with settings, desperately trying to make the settings work. Had to get rid of one of the sessions in the log to save space...

Disabling all of the speedhacks moments before I save as the next step...

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 177,57 KB / Downloads: 287)
(06-05-2014, 07:19 AM)KilledAlive Wrote: Log:
* CDVD: Opening drive '\\.\E:'...
* CDVD: IO thread started...
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 2) (4166832 sectors)
* CDVD: Disk Type: Single-Layer DVD

Looks like the drive cant read the disc properly or its a bad/damaged disc, God of War 2 is a Dual-Layer game, not single.

Try to create a ISO from the disc (e.g. ImgBurn) and use that instead.Just make sure there are no errors during the creation process.
Ill try making a copy of the CD next. As a backup, this is legal, right?

I have been a good little consumer and dumped my own Ps2's BIOS, and I want to keep a clean track record. I have also not tried out ImgBurn yet, though I still have it installed.

The disk, on the other hand, has very small scratches on it, from light use, but most likely the issue is the dual layers.
Yeah, making a backup of your disc is legal. I have backups of most of my games.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
It's perfectly legal to make ISO copies of your own game. Of course you have to keep the physical copy in your possession for as long as you have the ISO. In fact ISO usage is recommended for PCSX2, as it works better, and can load faster.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
So you just create an ISO image to save to your computer, and create a mini-library of games? Sounds like a good idea. I have been just using the discs in my disk drive. Ill give that a try soon enough! Thank you for the information!

On another note, 007: Nightfire was a texture garbled mess. Will using an ISO image instead of the disc fix that?
No, but using software mode might. Press F9 while game is running.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD