Help! Graphics config for Ratchet & Clank 2 & 3?
Hey guys! I've just started with emulation. I've tried searching around and fixing my settings myself, but I'm running into piss poor performance and texture glitches in Ratchet & Clank: UYA (a.k.a. Ratchet & Clank 3). Here's my specs:

CPU: Intel i5-4750, 3.2 GHz
GPU: GTX 760 2GB
RAM: 16GB, dual channel enabled
Windows 8.1

My graphics plugin settings.

As I've said, I'm quite new to this. I've already tried both hardware and software DX11 rendering, I've tried all of the different interlacing modes in-game, and the game hits slow patches every few seconds, and has trouble correctly rendering textures and audio. Also, what's the best way to setup the game's resolution on a 1920 x 1080 monitor?

Thank you!

Sponsored links

You need to use software renderer to overcome the glitches.

Software renderer is very demanding on the cpu. You need a high end model for that.

R&C is one of the most demanding games.
(06-24-2014, 10:00 PM)willkuer Wrote: You need to use software renderer to overcome the glitches.

Software renderer is very demanding on the cpu. You need a high end model for that.

R&C is one of the most demanding games.
I did try software renderer, and while it eliminated glitches, the game slowed to a crawl. Is 3D11 the renderer to use, or should I go to 3D9?

And the i5 is pretty high-end, as far as gaming is concerned. I preferred it over the i7 since I doubted the need for the extra cores. Is my CPU not up to par for R&C?

(Thank you for the reply, by the way!)
Set extra sw rendering threads to 3, and it should be playable.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
it is already set to 3. Is it an i5 mobile processor? Can you please post the model number?

Forget it read your first post again.

What are your fps? Have you maxed all speedhacks by luck (or missing luck)?
Can you post your general settings. You should not have a problem playing that game.

And forgot this: use gsdx-avx2 or something similar as graphics plugin
(06-24-2014, 10:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Set extra sw rendering threads to 3, and it should be playable.
Tried it already :\ . Difference wasn't noticeable.

I went into core GS settings and set to preset 3, and the game is a lot more playable now. However, texture glitches are out of control. Both 3D9 and 3D11 software renderers have the same problem. Any suggestions?

(06-24-2014, 10:21 PM)willkuer Wrote: it is already set to 3. Is it an i5 mobile processor? Can you please post the model number?

Forget it read your first post again.

What are your fps? Have you maxed all speedhacks by luck (or missing luck)?
Can you post your general settings. You should not have a problem playing that game.

And forgot this: use gsdx-avx2 or something similar as graphics plugin
Nope, desktop - BX80646I54570 (assuming that's the model number).

My FPS hovers around 60. Before I switched to preset 3 in the options, it would lag down to 20~40 FPS, but I think that number was a bit off - it'd be in an almost slow-mo.

I've just started playing with emulation today, so I'm not sure what you're referring to in context of speedhacks. Regarding gsdx-avx2, I'm currently using gsdx-avx, but the only other available options I see are sse2-4.

The relevant settings, I hope
In the speedhacks section of emulation settings: enable mtvu set the slider of ee to the minimum first.

Dx11 should be faster than 9. But often this difference is very small.

EE/IOP and VU-settings are unchanged (everything set to the bold value)?

Which pcsx2 version do you use? In the latest stable there should be an avx2-plugin as well. (avx is also fine. shouldn't make a big difference). Keep in mind that stable versions have a small speedup in comparison to svn/git-builds.

Is the problem solved for you? (Considering that it is around 60 fps...) Or are there still slowdowns below - let's say - 57 fps?
The EE cycle rate hack actually helps quite a bit for me. I need it to maintain a playable framerate most of the time.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yes, probably it is needed but considering he hasn't used speedhacks before and already had 20-40 fps it is possible that he could live with recommended + mtvu. Don't know if ee can create problems. (never had problems with EE or VU sliders... but since they are considered as 'dangerous')
(06-24-2014, 10:32 PM)TheRybka Wrote: Tried it already :\ . Difference wasn't noticeable.
Yeah, sorry. Just noticed you did.
Try setting ee cycle rate speedhack to 2 and enable mtvu hack.
Disable fx shader, texture filtering and fxaa too.
Of course, if you can overclock a bit ( around 3.5 ghz since you have a non-k model), this would help.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go