Help. I’m new to emulation
Hey so I’m running into a problem with PCSX2 where I get sudden frame rate drops. It’s weird because I don’t run into the same issue when I run PCSX2 in Retroarch. It happens in gameplay and in cut scenes  where it will run 60 and then drop down to like 12 or so every few seconds in regular intervals. I’ve tried the nightly and stable builds to no avail. I know the simple solution would be to stick with running it through Retroarch, but I have heard using the actual standalone application was preferable and the save state function does look like a nice feature to have.

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Actual I ended up finding a fix, but I didn’t know how to close out the thread. I ended up changing some ratios to interlacing and it cleared up some of the issues. But thank you for the speedy response!