[Help] I can't get PCSX2 to work on my GTX260 !
yes and no. like some pc games need new drivers, pcsx2 needs the same, and as i said you will get more speed and better performance overall if you update to what i or anito said.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest

Sponsored links

here's a simple explanation

Old drivers = might have problem's with newer game's and have a bad compatability with newer software like PCSX2 {ex: using 18X.XX driver's with the game "the last Remnant" will give a freeze problem after the Intro movie

Newer drivers = Have a better performance and lesser problems on newer games and Software [ofcourse this depends of the driver version make sure you read the changes log and also search forums about issues or problem's that might occur on the said versions]
Better Compability Most programs and games
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
Nope, updated both, same problem.

What I discovered is that there isn't a universal set of settings (at least in my case) for every game. The settings that work for FFX don't work for Soul Calibur 3, for example.

Is a simple matter of conducting DOE (Design Of Experiment), vary each setting to see result.

Hmm . . . interesting . . . Laugh
The default setting is actually pretty good for a lot of games.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
Katamari Daimacy STILL will not work though. Keeps on freezing at the starting movie.

Not even with this patch -

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...i#pid85009

Sad
(05-28-2010, 06:29 PM)Buckethead Wrote: What I discovered is that there isn't a universal set of settings (at least in my case) for every game. The settings that work for FFX don't work for Soul Calibur 3, for example.

Is a simple matter of conducting DOE (Design Of Experiment), vary each setting to see result.

Yep, that's a golden rule in emulation.

(05-28-2010, 07:08 PM)Buckethead Wrote: Katamari Daimacy STILL will not work though. Keeps on freezing at the starting movie.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...?pid=85009&highlight=katamari#pid85009

Sad

The patch is known to work. Maybe you forgot to enable patches?
(05-28-2010, 07:17 PM)rama Wrote:
(05-28-2010, 06:29 PM)Buckethead Wrote: What I discovered is that there isn't a universal set of settings (at least in my case) for every game. The settings that work for FFX don't work for Soul Calibur 3, for example.

Yep, that's a golden rule in emulation.

(05-28-2010, 07:08 PM)Buckethead Wrote: Katamari Daimacy STILL will not work though. Keeps on freezing at the starting movie.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...i#pid85009

Sad

The patch is known to work. Maybe you forgot to enable patches?

I have patches enabled. My inept searching skills have turned up the fact that I MIGHT have the PAL version of Katamari, and that may be causing problems.

Am currently in the process of acquiring the NTSC one Blush
You might also want to try the latest beta for PCSX2 and plugins. I'm sure you're going to say "but doesn't beta mean it's unstable and can bring vulnerabilities?". PCSX2 brings much more improvements in speed and compatibility with their betas, which is why they release them in the first place, so go over to the beta thread and grab PCSX2 r1888 and the March 11 plugin pack.

And I assume you've updated your DirectX and graphics driver now? You may also need to install the VC Redistributable for GSdx to work.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Ah, it works now.

Stupid me, shouldn't have used Execute, should have used open ISO . . .
Yeah the betas give a boost in both compatibility and speed.This is true since my specs aren't so good I get 1-2FPS increase in each release but in some games speed is good others not so much anyways just try the betas first
EDITWackoorry didn't see your post above Blush
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86