Help I need some advice
>depends on what you call "playable"

I call "playable" - playable. Go get yourself a P4 and see how playable it is. Can you do that ? I can, i have a P4 on a desk right behind me.

Sponsored links

A P4 might be old, but nevertheless an AMD of that generation is worse, even if it's a single core 2.4 ghz it still should be able to play some of the games, but the choice is not much. But unfortunately OP you might have to think of buying a new computer.
(03-20-2014, 10:21 AM)Mckertis Wrote: >depends on what you call "playable"

I call "playable" - playable. Go get yourself a P4 and see how playable it is. Can you do that ? I can, i have a P4 on a desk right behind me.

sorry, couldn't find one below 3.0 ghz. Again, I highly doubt it will work correctly @ 2.0 ghz
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
In passmark that cpu scores a 234. That's far too weak for pcsx2.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Passmark doesn't mean it's bad, a benchmark is only a moment recording of that specific cpu with other hardware, it will only count if it would be the exact copy of the system, which isn't possible.
(03-20-2014, 11:12 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: A P4 might be old, but nevertheless an AMD of that generation is worse, even if it's a single core 2.4 ghz it still should be able to play some of the games, but the choice is not much. But unfortunately OP you might have to think of buying a new computer.

I remember the opposite actually, back then even some Athlon XP's were beating the Pentium 4's. It was a wrap when the Athlon 64 hit. Later revisions of the Pentium 4 did get better, but A64 was overall just a much more efficient design. Pentium 4's would be clocked 800~1000mhz higher and still get outperformed by the AMD's back then in some cases.

Either way, any chip from that era is too slow to seriously play any games on this emu, so it's best that the OP put aside some cash and plan on a new build altogether.
(03-20-2014, 09:57 PM)NarooN Wrote: I remember the opposite actually, back then even some Athlon XP's were beating the Pentium 4's. It was a wrap when the Athlon 64 hit. Later revisions of the Pentium 4 did get better, but A64 was overall just a much more efficient design. Pentium 4's would be clocked 800~1000mhz higher and still get outperformed by the AMD's back then in some cases.

Either way, any chip from that era is too slow to seriously play any games on this emu, so it's best that the OP put aside some cash and plan on a new build altogether.

Agreed. My Althon 64 3700+ OC to 2.7 could play some of the gust/nis america games(like ar tonelico) with max speedhacks. But that was also on 0.9.5, I don't know if 1.3.0 would be more or less faster on old machines.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-20-2014, 08:37 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: Passmark doesn't mean it's bad, a benchmark is only a moment recording of that specific cpu with other hardware, it will only count if it would be the exact copy of the system, which isn't possible.
I question how long it would take to run an executable in Win 7 with that cpu. PCSX2 is completely out of the question especially with the current versions. There isn't anything the op can do other than a complete system upgrade.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-20-2014, 09:59 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Agreed. My Althon 64 3700+ OC to 2.7 could play some of the gust/nis america games(like ar tonelico) with max speedhacks. But that was also on 0.9.5, I don't know if 1.3.0 would be more or less faster on old machines.

avih replied to a thread i'd commented on here
Quote:and if you don't have any luck with the version of pcsx2 your using, try one of the latest svn versions instead ...

That's not a good advice for a slow system.

The release versions are built with special CPU optimizations, so they're about 7% (give or take) faster than SVN builds. On a slow system where every % count, use the release version only (currently that's 1.2.1) for maximum performance. And since the last release was only few weeks ago, it's not even outdated.

so from what he said i would gather no it would be slower, also he's only got win xp sp2 , now forgive me if i've got this wrong but wasn't xp sp2 slower than sp3 ? or was it the other way around ?

i haven't used xp in absolutely ages as it was slow as fxxx so i can't remember Blush

also how the heck do i point to just one post ? i'm sure i could link to just one at one of the other places i frequent Blink
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)