Help- I think i broke my game files
Hello i am new to emulation and playing games on a computer in that matter also.
I started using the emulator yesterday playing final fantasy 12 and it was a bit buggy with audio here and there so i thought it would run better if i copied the files from disc to a file into my laptop and not it says iso file not found even when i use the disk, this is really upsetting since I've been wanting to play this game for a long time ever since my ps2 broke...
Any help would really be appreciated, like very very appreciated

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Current Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware mode)
Intel® HD Graphics 5500 (20.19.15.4549)
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: D:\IOPRP300.IMG
Image type = Audio CD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (112 sectors)
(IsoFS) Invalid partition descriptor encountered at block 0x10: ''
Closing plugins...
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
File not found.
Path: IsoFileSystem
(pxActionEvent) IsoFS could not find the root directory on the ISO image.(thread:EE Core))
Im not very computer literate. Does this work?

Would trying to copy files from disc mess it up? (and is that illegal, i was just trying to see if that'd make it run any faster ;-Wink
That won't work.
Make an image of your disc using www.imgburn.com
That's not how you copy a PS2 game on your laptop,PS2 games don't work the same was as PC games(copy=>paste=>run)

If you want to run the game from your hdd,you have to make an image of the disk with ImgBurn

Also,if you don't have a dedicated gpu,that intel hd 5500 will slow you down big time your probably also not very fast cpu too(you didn't mention what it is)
This game is not that easy to emulate
Thanks that helps alot, I'm running this on a laptop (can't afford a gaming PC) so I think I will shoulder through the lag
Definitely not. It'll reduce loading times, though