Help Needed
Intel Celeron Processor 540 (1.86 GHz, 533 MHz, 1MB L2 cache)
Up to 252 MB Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator x3100
1GB DDR2
120 GB HDD

Using Vista home basic.

My story:

I got PCSX2 set-up + my BIOS + what I think to be the appropriate plugins and configs(spent 3 hours figuring things out + 1 hour today getting the ISO for Romance of The Three Kingdoms 9 on my computer.)

The game plays, but at an amazingly slow speed. I'm talking like 15 minutes to get to the page where you select the game scenario you want to play, and then when actually playing, having a wait time of atleast 10 seconds before being able to do anything. It's jumping from 2.9 FPS to 5 FPS. I have no idea what I did wrong. Is anyone who is tech-savvy available to help me out, in layman's terms?

Thank you in advance,
JP

Sponsored links

Merom processors are not powerful enough for pcsx2, even though they are core 2 based
Quote:1 hour today getting the ISO for Romance of The Three Kingdoms 9 on my computer
If I were you, I'd change your ripping soft. Or your DVD was damaged and ripping it has been a pain.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
RoTK 9 has little to no graphics. It's purely strategy-based. It involves alot of picking and choosing what the army, trade, and farm will do during the strategy phase. Once your choices are made, there's the action-phase, where your choices are put into play and you see the result.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=Romance+of...=27&ty=126

Sort like that, but in english. What's the best way to get it all adjusted? Is my laptop just not strong enough to emulate it? Is there nothing I can do?

jesalvein: I'm using DVD Decryptor and the DVD is in phenomenal condition. I think the issue has to do with how PCSX2 has been configured, or the laptop is just not capable to deal with the specifications.
1 hour to ri a DVD is quite long... Anyways, that's exactly what Squall is saying.
Your CPu specs are weak for pcsx2.
you can try some speedhacks, set internal res to native, but I highly doubt you will get satisfying results.
Time to get a decent computer Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go