[Help] Newbie here .. Need some suggestions for running FFX
I'm running on a:

CPU: Core2Duo E4500 @ 2.20 Ghz
Memory: 2GB DDR3
Graphics: 1GB 128bit Intel G41 Chipset
Mobo: Gigabyte G41 M

I'm currently playing FFX . I get full speed sometimes but sometimes also drops below 50% speed ..

I just wanna know the right configuration for me to always run at full speed or what part of my computer I need to upgrade to meet the requirements for playing FFX at full speed.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored links

your CPU is ok for FFX. you will get some slowdowns sometimes, but it should be playable
However, your GPU is really bad and should be the first part to upgrade

for now, no setting will help you as long as you are using this GPU
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-20-2013, 05:33 AM)jesalvein Wrote: your CPU is ok for FFX. you will get some slowdowns sometimes, but it should be playable
However, your GPU is really bad and should be the first part to upgrade

for now, no setting will help you as long as you are using this GPU

thanks. what do you think is the minimum GPU required to run at full speed? I'm not a hard core gamer, I just want to play FFX so I don't need a super fast GPU.
I'd say at least a 8600 gt
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-20-2013, 05:46 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I'd say at least a 8600 gt

thanks! I'll try that Smile
You are going to have a hard time becaue your graphics card is extremely weak.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
8600gt is pretty old, I'd say go for a budget card like an HD 7770 or GTX 650/650 Ti. Won't break the bank and won't bottleneck you at all (unless shooting for like 4x native or above or something.)
(11-20-2013, 12:33 PM)NarooN Wrote: 8600gt is pretty old, I'd say go for a budget card like an HD 7770 or GTX 650/650 Ti. Won't break the bank and won't bottleneck you at all (unless shooting for like 4x native or above or something.)

The only problem I see with that is if the op is just using integrated graphics then their powersupply probably won't be good enough.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yeah, they'd most likely have to get a new PSU as well, that's true. I know the 7750 offers decent performance and doesn't require a power connector, however the 7770 and up do.
(11-20-2013, 05:40 PM)NarooN Wrote: Yeah, they'd most likely have to get a new PSU as well, that's true. I know the 7750 offers decent performance and doesn't require a power connector, however the 7770 and up do.

If you really only wanna play FFX you can get away with a super cheap card like Geforce GT 610. Like $40 or less US, and uses like no electricity, and doesn't require an additional connector.

Could even set 2x, 3x on FFX, FFXII.
Xenosaga, persona 4 at native.

And even ran the ultra demanding Burnout 3 on native with an occasional slowdown.

Not recommending this route, I'd go with what NarooN said if possible. I was just pointing this fact out, as I owned one at one point!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD