Help Please ! Unable to run Pcsx2 on My Laptob Windows 7
Hello !
Can any one help me in this issue please?

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop , It's Amilo L1310G Series ( Fujitsu Computers Siemens ) And here are the details of the CPU:

Intel® Celeron 1.60 GHz
Graphic Memory 128 MB
1 GB Of RAM

The compatible Graphic (Display Driver) for it is : ATI Radeon Xpress 200M , And i installed this driver from the official site of Amilo and the version for Windows XP only i didn't see for Wndows Vista or Windows 7 , But however My Windows 7 states that : Windows has succesfully installed the driver.

But everytime i try run Pcsx2 (Selecting : Run DVD , Or Execute from Pcsx2 Menu ) it gives me a blue screen saying : Windows has shut down automatically to prevernt itself from further damage and then it restarts.

But when i install any other ATI Radeon Driver that are available within Windows 7 and it's not compatible with my Laptob the Pcsx2 runs normally and good , But after some minutes a blue screen appears saying : DRIVER_IQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,

I think this is because the graphic driver installed is not correct and not compatible.

This behaviour of (Blue screen appears everytime launching pcsx2) only happens when i install the compatible graphic driver ATI Radeon Xpress 200M on Windows 7 , But this doesn't happen on Windows XP.

Does any one know this , Please help ?

Sponsored links

First it's a laptop not a labtop Tongue
Yes, it's a driver issue. Try finding some compatible driver from ATI's site although I don't think there will be for Windows 7, that laptop is just too old. Even if you get PCSX2 to run it will be at abysmal speeds.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
your laptop won't run at all in addition that thing does'nt have pixel shaders.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Well, Does the speed of the Pcsx2 depends on the Graphic card or on the speed of my CPU Processor because it doesn't run at all on my desktop and it gives me this details when i try to run it:

CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 4
x86Family = Intel® Celeron® D CPU 3.06GHz
CPU speed = 3.115 Ghz
Cores = 1 physical [1 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000e41d
x86EFlags = 20000000

And my Graphic card is : 64 MB

And only appears this message every time i try to run the emulator:

An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occurred. with the message:

The GS plugins failed to open/initialize.

Pcsx2 will now close. More details may be available via the emuLog.txt file.

Again , my Computer details are:

Processor: Intel® Celeron® D CPU 3.06GHz 3.06 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 1.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System
And Windows 7 Ultimate is installed

And about the Graphics card:

Adaptor Information

Chip Type: SiS 662
DAC Type: Internal
Adaptor String: Mirage 1
Bios Information: 3.35.00

Total Available Graphics Memory: 64 MB

And the installed graphic driver is: SiS Mirage Graphics

Well, Does the emulator does not work because my graphics card is 64 MB? Again, give me some details on the emulator's speed depends on the Graphic Card or in CPU?

And why the emulator runs very slow on my laptop i mentioned in my first thread that talks about ATI Radeon Express

Thanks for your understanding.

I forgot to mention that i upgraded the DirectX too , however this Pcsx2 message keeps appearing.

Thanks for your understanding.
Quote:And the installed graphic driver is: SiS Mirage Graphics

PCSX2 will not work with that period. Not any game released in the past 10 years either probably...

Quote:And why the emulator runs very slow on my laptop i mentioned in my first thread that talks about ATI Radeon Express
Because your processor and graphics card are about 15 years old and PCSX2 needs state of the art hardware. I actually wonder how you were able to install Windows 7 on that poor machine, it should be struggling with XP too Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
That is one epic spec... Blink

Anyway, PCSX2 won't even run half-speed based on your CPU alone.
A Pentium D by itself is (probably) fine, but the cheap Celeron variety will just run any games in PCSX2 slower than half-speed, even if it is a Solitaire PS2 game.

In short, PCSX2 is NOT playable in BOTH your laptop and desktop, no matter how new the driver, DirectX and the OS you have installed there.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
(03-30-2010, 12:20 AM)k1net1cs Wrote: the cheap Celeron variety will just run any games in PCSX2 slower than half-speed, even if it is a Solitaire PS2 game.

With 1GB of RAM and a 64MB graphics card you'd be lucky to get solitaire running in Windows, never mind in PCSX2. Tongue2
[Image: sig01.jpg?t=1282269242]