Help! Random Lag Spikes When Playing Games...
i made a video of my problem the video quality is kind of low but i had to trim down the file size since i use meterd connection ( dial-up usb internet with only 10GB to use every month)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7ftd8bbiinmxq...spikes.avi

if you think the game lags sometime it's not, dropbox media player kind of sucks, the video is kind of a taste och what my lagspikes kan look like and sound like but i can get worse during some fights.

i play in Window mode because i can't get NVidia Shadowplay to work on PCSX2 in Fullscreen...
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K 4,5GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 4GB Super Overclocked 1,43GHz
MB: AsRock Fatal1ty Professional-M Z77
Ram: 16GB
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB
HDD: Western Digital Red 3TB x2

Sponsored links

First of all using shadowplay with settings that high could cause lag.

However, watching your video, you are having the EXACT same problem I posted about earlier. You get lag when new content loads. Such as a random battle, a character, a magic spell, etc. Yours is slightly worse than mine, but it's definitely at the same points. As we discussed here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-minor...ne-changes all that can be done is set audio to async.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-07-2014, 02:35 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: First of all using shadowplay with settings that high could cause lag.

However, watching your video, you are having the EXACT same problem I posted about earlier. You get lag when new content loads. Such as a random battle, a character, a magic spell, etc. Yours is slightly worse than mine, but it's definitely at the same points. As we discussed here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-minor...ne-changes all that can be done is set audio to async.

That wasn't capped with shadowplay. Shadowplay isn't compatible with pcsx2.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-07-2014, 01:18 AM)Theansan00 Wrote: i play in Window mode because i can't get NVidia Shadowplay to work on PCSX2 in Fullscreen...

(06-07-2014, 02:45 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: That wasn't capped with shadowplay. Shadowplay isn't compatible with pcsx2.

He's recording the whole desktop I think.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-07-2014, 12:19 AM)Theansan00 Wrote: the reson i use EE/IOP on Full is so that the characters and enemies won't stand backwards cause i've softlocked the game cause of that , i used attack on enemies bosses that my player faced away from the boss in and my character ran out of bounds and never came back locking the game impossible to end exept through a restart of the emulator.

I never had that issue ever happen on the defualt settings and i played threw the game countless times so dont know what to tell you there.

Im still uinse 5927 still while others have moved on to the git build. but the 2d-3d transisition that was talking about http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFX-minor...ne-changes.

always been there far as i remember but it was never as bad what you showing and i have less powerfull pc so again i not sure there.
I've had the characters face backwards because of the the round mode, but never had anyone run out of bounds. They just comically run in circles to hit or attack or whatever.
Blyss Sarania:
sry i might have over reacted a little and probably wasn't very clear about my problem but the thing is i've never had these lagspikes before and it makes me kind of worried that it's my PC that is the problem and i couldn't find anything through google so i asked here for help about it. the Emulator used to run fluently as the original PS2 Console and i only changed OS and bam lagspikes all the time, my windows 8 Laptop runs the games fluently without these lagspikes and it's using intel core i5 2,53GHz with HD Graphics 4000. when i tried Windows 8.1 pro again yesterday it had those lagspikes i don't know how it could just change like that or what i did to get it run fluently berfore. the laspikes only occur with EE/IOP set too Full, all other settings work fluently but i used to be able top play Fluently with it set to Full.

Nobbs66 & Blyss Sarania:
yes i recorded the game on desktop in my video and the lag on the video is the online media player cause it didn't lag during recording or when i watched the recording afterwards.

tsunami2311 & Blyss Sarania:
the out of bounds thing has happend a cuple of times, mostly with Auron's Overdrive (When he charges straight for the enemie and facing backwards straight out of bounds) but it has happend with normal attack from Tidus, Khimari and Rikku too but with them it has only been a very rare case...

Blyss Sarania:
i can agree with you that it can look kind of funny some times with backwards character like how Bahamuts Mega Flare becomes Anal Cannon istead and when Ixion shoots Thor's Hammer in a Loop and that Retarded way Tidus swims sometimes in the first boss battle at Baaj Temple.
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec:
Lol Anal cannon.

Well, the lags in the video are in the exact places I have them myself. And I'm on windows 7 ultimate x64. Also I downloaded the video from dropbox and watched it on my computer, I didn't stream it from the site.

The only time I noticed backwards character was in the Ochu boss fight and Spheromorph fight. After that I set the round modes.

If you think it's your configuration you can just copy the ini files from one to the other, but I don't think it's that.
(06-07-2014, 10:51 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Lol Anal cannon.

Well, the lags in the video are in the exact places I have them myself. And I'm on windows 7 ultimate x64. Also I downloaded the video from dropbox and watched it on my computer, I didn't stream it from the site.

The only time I noticed backwards character was in the Ochu boss fight and Spheromorph fight. After that I set the round modes.

If you think it's your configuration you can just copy the ini files from one to the other, but I don't think it's that.

2 days ago i completed Final Fantasy X for the first time and didn't use EE/IOP on Full until i reached that place in the Video ( I had trouble with the last boss so I was stuck there for a while) but when i stood there befor the last boss Ramstain starts playing Otherworld and he comes climbing up towards you it was just awsome only to see that when the match stardet both Tidus and the boss just turns around looking away from each other it kind of broke the awsome Mood that was set for the whole last boss battle so when i lost i set EE/IOP too full with no lagg then i reinstall Windows and there it was. i get backwards characters 80% of all boss battles i don't like it.

i guess the reason the video lags is the the converter tool i used then.
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec:
eeh i just noticed something... the video i recorded earlier... i played with EE/IOP on Normal... i can't play without those Lagspikes at all...
Used PCSX2 since 0.9.6

System Spec: