[Help] Random rebootings occuring whilst playing
can you please recheck it with coretemp? i know that is accurate. keep it running while you play, if the screen freezes take note of the min/max values.

Thanks Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

So far cpu-z doesn't show any weird voltage values, it never exceeds 1.2V.

I'll check with coretemp and play for a while keeping my eye on it.
(12-05-2013, 09:34 PM)Somehow Wrote: So far cpu-z doesn't show any weird voltage values, it never exceeds 1.2V.

I'll check with coretemp and play for a while keeping my eye on it.

It would more likely be a LOW voltage problem than a high voltage problem. What is the model of your CPU so we can know the correct voltage?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
i5 650. The voltage must range between 0.65V and 1.40V. My CPU voltage ranged between 0.90 and 1.20 which is pretty normal actually.

I'm playing with coretemp on, so far I haven't crashed (it really happens randomly) but my CPU charge doesn't exceed 30% for both cores (and is more likely around 15-20%). Max temp ~ 55°.
(12-05-2013, 09:58 PM)Somehow Wrote: i5 650. The voltage must range between 0.65V and 1.40V. My CPU voltage ranged between 0.90 and 1.20 which is pretty normal actually.

I'm playing with coretemp on, so far I haven't crashed (it really happens randomly) but my CPU charge doesn't exceed 30% for both cores (and is more likely around 15-20%). Max temp ~ 55°.

I don't see how your usage could be that low, because that processor is actually pretty slow for PCSX2.

What are EE and GS% in the title bar of PCSX2 window?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
EE aroung 55% and GS rarely exceed 20%
try using gpu-z (it's in my sig) theirs also hwmonitor from the cpu-z site that will show you what voltages you have, like someone else has said, it could be pcsx2 is stressing your cpu and in turn your powerpack to much

have you tried the free versions of 3dmark ?

i tend to have problems with bad sectors on my harddrives which then causes lock ups
my ssd only locks up when i add certain older harddrives to my machine
as for pcsx2 locking up the machine, tbh it's never happened
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
But well, some times ago I tried to overclock both my gpu and cpu. I found it to be rather unstable, which was confirmed by the test I ran. I disabled all overclocking and ran new tests which showed that everything was now stable. I never had issues like that with anything but pcsx2.

Oh, I completly forgot something important. It all started after I had one problem with my computer. My screen would not show anything, not even the bios loading, despite windows beeing loading perfectly and me beeing able to log on my session (blindly, of course). I took my computer to my specialized computer seller, some guys I do know that do their job well, because I had not the pieces to test the issue myself. They said that the computer started and had no issues. I took it back home and yeah, it booted with no sign of defects. However, Google Chrome started to act all weird, making one of my harddrive noisy and finally showing a BSoD (and I can't tell how but it suddenly fixed by itself after a while of not using Chrome, which I can now use) and pcsx2 started to either make my computer freeze or suddenly reboot (screen gets black and then it boots).

I can sometimes play 5 hours without having any problems and sometimes it occurs like 3 times in 5 minutes.
out of curiosity what system have you got ?
i'e motherboard, cpu, graphics card, memory powersupply, operating system?

as someone else here might or might not have your exact config, with the same games in their collection, that they haven't tested yet
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

(12-05-2013, 10:51 PM)Somehow Wrote: But well, some times ago I tried to overclock both my gpu and cpu. I found it to be rather unstable, which was confirmed by the test I ran. I disabled all overclocking and ran new tests which showed that everything was now stable. I never had issues like that with anything but pcsx2.

Oh, I completly forgot something important. It all started after I had one problem with my computer. My screen would not show anything, not even the bios loading, despite windows beeing loading perfectly and me beeing able to log on my session (blindly, of course). I took my computer to my specialized computer seller, some guys I do know that do their job well, because I had not the pieces to test the issue myself. They said that the computer started and had no issues. I took it back home and yeah, it booted with no sign of defects. However, Google Chrome started to act all weird, making one of my harddrive noisy and finally showing a BSoD (and I can't tell how but it suddenly fixed by itself after a while of not using Chrome, which I can now use) and pcsx2 started to either make my computer freeze or suddenly reboot (screen gets black and then it boots).

I can sometimes play 5 hours without having any problems and sometimes it occurs like 3 times in 5 minutes.
hm you might have bad sectors on your drive, although it should tell you a few seconds after you switch your pc on (mine does, and usually fixes the problem)

have you checked for viruses, with a good antivirus software ?
i've used kaspersky's free trial version in the past, it comes free if you bank online with a certain bank
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z