[Help Request] Square Games and PCSX2
Greetings.

I am new to the world of emulation, and I have to admit being absolutely clueless when it comes to plugins and bios and whatnot.

So, I downloaded the Emulator (v 0.9.8) and a Bios from a torrent in piratebay, and proceeded to download the games I've always wanted to replay, FFX, FFXII and Kingdom Hearts. I absolutely loved these during my adolescence when they came out and would love playing them again without having to buy a new PS2 and the respective game (I might though, if all else fails).

The thing is, the games are running quite choppy and laggy on my computer. They start out at 59~60fps and as soon as graphics come out they drop to 30~35 fps, with the sound lagging out and distorting.

Not being a computer whiz, I tinkered around with the graphic options but couldn't get any improvement. Now, I'm aware this may be from my machine, wich is getting quite outdated, but I'd think it would still be able to handle these games since it handles games that ask for greater performance.

Here are my machine specs:

Acer Extensa 5635ZG
Pentium Dual-Core T4300 @ 2.10 GHz
4Gb Ram
Windows Vista Home Professional 32-bit
Nvidia GForce G105M

Are the games running slow because of my computer or are there any specific emulator settings i'm missing?

I'd love to get some help on this, these games really marked me and i'd love to play them again.

Cheers in advance

Sponsored links

The first Rule of Fight Club is you dont talk about Fight Club
The First Rule of These Forums is No talking about Wares or Piracy
You must obtain the Bios from Your Ps2, and the games from your physical collection
Persons that break these simple rules are offered No help and are usually warned and even possibly banned
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(07-12-2012, 01:40 AM)omnikam Wrote: The first Rule of Fight Club is you dont talk about Fight Club
The First Rule of These Forums is No talking about Wares or Piracy
You must obtain the Bios from Your Ps2, and the games from your physical collection
Persons that break these simple rules are offered No help and are usually warned and even possibly banned

Jesus, I wasn't aware about any of this. Talk about hypocrisy though... Isn't emulation a form of piracy as well? If I had the originals I wouldn't be playing on an emulator, I'd simply grab an old PS2 from a friend or something and play them... Oh well, I guess i'm not getting any help then...
The rules are clearly stated in many places.

Emulation doesn't = Piracy. There is nothing at all illegal about PCSX2, and in fact many people myself included dumped their own bios and rip their own games. Oh and the big advantage is I can play the games in high res Wink - try doing that on a PS2.
Quote:Talk about hypocrisy though... Isn't emulation a form of piracy as well? If I had the originals I wouldn't be playing on an emulator, I'd simply grab an old PS2 from a friend or something and play them... Oh well, I guess i'm not getting any help then..

Yes we've heard this story over and over and over again. Read up what PCSX2 offers ON TOP of playing on your old PS2 here: http://pcsx2.net/getting-started.html
Just because you use it for piracy doesn't mean everyone else who uses it legally is a hypocrite.

Closed
[Image: newsig.jpg]