Help Speeding Up GGXXAC
Figured out my problem. There's an anti aliasing option in the game itself. Turning that off seemed to do the trick.

Mmk. So emulating jrpgs is awesome since it doesn't matter a bit if I'm running at 5 or 10 frames less than max. However, with something like guilty gear, if it's not running at a full 60 it's just not the same.

I have it set to native resolution, all speed hacks on (although the non-recommended ones do absolutely nothing to my performance), and the newest beta.

Computer has an i5 quad core processor with a radeon 4870. More than enough to do the job I think.

My EE runs around 30-50% while my GS hangs around 50-70%. I've read that those sometimes give false readings in win7, but what can ya do.

My frame rate refuses to go above 58. Usually is more around the range of 53. Again if I was emulating a different game I wouldn't care, but guilty gear timing needs to be exact. Anything else I can do?

Sponsored links

Quote:all speed hacks on
bad idea. You need to use only the ones that will be useful.
some of them may even slow down your game.

what is your CPU clockspeed, BTW ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The speed of emulation is directly connected to just how high your CPU clockrate is... What you may consider "More than enough" could very likely be not (and believe me, every regular on this forum has seen at least a dozen of those threads with people who then give specs below what's recommended).

Most 3d games are going to require your CPU to be set at 3.5+ ghz to run with few to no slowdowns. There are many games that require more than that (4ghz+) to run mostly without slowdowns.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-22-2010, 12:30 PM)Koji Wrote: The speed of emulation is directly connected to just how high your CPU clockrate is... What you may consider "More than enough" could very likely be not (and believe me, every regular on this forum has seen at least a dozen of those threads with people who then give specs below what's recommended).

Most 3d games are going to require your CPU to be set at 3.5+ ghz to run with few to no slowdowns. There are many games that require more than that (4ghz+) to run mostly without slowdowns.
i5's are great CPUs for PCSX2, but as others have mentioned, you need to overclock it for some 3D intensive PS2 games.

This guide will aide you in overclocking your i5:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256144...king-guide
Don't forget to get one of the aftermarket CPU Heatsink/Fan combos that are recommended at that link, because the stock Intel Heatsink won't cut it. Smile
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<
Clock speed is 2.67Ghz. Not comfortable OCing since my cooler is on the weak side.
Guilty Gear isn't 3d, though. @_@ I'm only a few frames below perfect and if the EE/GS readings are in fact correct I'm not using either to their full potential.
2.67ghz is below the recommended CPU speed. 3ghz is generally what's considered "borderline" for the majority of games. While your cooler may be pretty weak, a 10% overclock to 3ghz is not only pretty safe (especially for the i5's) but completely safe (the turboboost, when working properly, easily overclocks the i5 over 3ghz in your case)
[Image: 2748844.png]